PDA

View Full Version : Maxima 1300 sensors problem

bellg
27-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi, having problems with a Maxima 1300 (05).
On switch-on backlight does not light up.Screen comes on and then fault light lights up. Two faults show-RA sensor and water temp sensor.Screen does not show actual return air temp. Is it likely for two sensors to fail together or should I be looking elsewhere eg where sensors connect to interface board?
Would appreciate any help on this one.

cadwaladr
27-11-2009, 09:18 PM
is the battery voltage correct

bellg
27-11-2009, 09:27 PM
is the battery voltage correct
Full battery voltage@ battery and @ 60 amp fuse. All fuses ok and connections generally appear good.

cadwaladr
27-11-2009, 09:28 PM
check the sensors with a meter[resistance]

bellg
27-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Tnks Cadwaladr for prompt reply.
What resistence should I expect on RA sensor with a box ttemp of 9 degrees c ? Would either of these faults actually prevent unit from starting?

cadwaladr
27-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Tnks Cadwaladr for prompt reply.
What resistence should I expect on RA sensor with a box ttemp of 9 degrees c ? Would either of these faults actually prevent unit from starting?
i will find out tmrer,but if you measure them both they should be close,but it should start,

cadwaladr
27-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi, having problems with a Maxima 1300 (05).
On switch-on backlight does not light up.Screen comes on and then fault light lights up. Two faults show-RA sensor and water temp sensor.Screen does not show actual return air temp. Is it likely for two sensors to fail together or should I be looking elsewhere eg where sensors connect to interface board?
Would appreciate any help on this one.
no sorry read your request wrong,the sensors wont read the same,yes if water temp sensor is faulty it wont start,disconnect it try it if no joy ground it and try

bellg
28-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi still having problems with Maxima.Disconnected WT sensor-no difference.Grounded sensor -no change.Where do those sensors connect to interface board? Would it not be very unusual for 2 unrelated sensor to fail simultaneously?

cadwaladr
28-11-2009, 05:43 PM
what history has this unit got,does it pre/heat,is it on autostart/manual start

cadwaladr
28-11-2009, 06:30 PM
what history has this unit got,does it pre/heat,is it on autostart/manual starthave you cleared alarm codes,to do this press function change key,use up/down keys until RST appears then press ENTER to clear alarms,alarm CLR should be displayed and it should start.

bellg
28-11-2009, 06:42 PM
This fridge was working fine up until a week ago (except for screen backlight).When I got to it nothing was happening on switch-on.After establishing that I had full batt voltage at battery and at 60A fuse I traced fault to corroded wire at multi-plug at bottom of switch panel.Repaired this and now when unit is switched on the usual information comes up on screen(except RA temp (space blank)Then red fault light comes on and the 2 faults come up on screen. The unit does not attempt to pre-heat (no buzzer) nor does the fuel pump come on.

cadwaladr
28-11-2009, 06:52 PM
This fridge was working fine up until a week ago (except for screen backlight).When I got to it nothing was happening on switch-on.After establishing that I had full batt voltage at battery and at 60A fuse I traced fault to corroded wire at multi-plug at bottom of switch panel.Repaired this and now when unit is switched on the usual information comes up on screen(except RA temp (space blank)Then red fault light comes on and the 2 faults come up on screen. The unit does not attempt to pre-heat (no buzzer) nor does the fuel pump come on.can you clear the fault codes

bellg
28-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Thought codes cleared automatically-how do you do this (mostly work on T.K.equipment)

cadwaladr
28-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Thought codes cleared automatically-how do you do this (mostly work on T.K.equipment)look at my earlier reply

bellg
28-11-2009, 07:16 PM
have you cleared alarm codes,to do this press function change key,use up/down keys until RST appears then press ENTER to clear alarms,alarm CLR should be displayed and it should start.

Not sure if codes will clear though, as when I go into engine data and bring up engine temp I ger a reading of - 50 and nothing on RAS sensor!
Thank you for your help

cadwaladr
28-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Not sure if codes will clear though, as when I go into engine data and bring up engine temp I ger a reading of - 50 and nothing on RAS sensor!
Thank you for your helpit could be you have disturbed faulty connections when carrying out original repair;clear codes and check all connextions.

bellg
04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Problem with the Carrier Maxima turned out to be a corrosion issue.
May this is some thing to look out for
if working on those units. The corrosion was on four of the pins (obviously RAS and engine temp) on connector connecting relay board to interface..

cadwaladr
05-12-2009, 01:39 AM
looks like we got there on our own well done tick that box.

bellg
05-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Thank you for your input Cadwaladar

cadwaladr
05-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Thank you for your input Cadwaladar
that coz we care your very welcome.