PDA

View Full Version : change to lcd lighting

cabincat
22-11-2009, 02:37 PM
hi there. i am in retail grocery, and we have a couple of older hill glass door freezers, with the old style of flourecent lights. is it possible to change these cases to lcd lighting. thx

chemi-cool
22-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I've never heard of LCD lights but if you mean LED lights, than the answer is yes.

All you have to do is get in in touch with a lighting equipment supplier and give him the fluorescent light details and get a led light the same size.

It will cost you a lot more but will save energy.

Silhouette
22-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Most of the Uk supermarkets are doing this now!

gesi
22-11-2009, 07:07 PM
LED lighting is very expensive (about 20-25EUR per 1 meter in silicon tape). Philips have already solution with LED for refrigeration cabinets.

In Poland is not popular solution now. I check few months ago the 4meters silicon tape with LEDs. After power supply off few LEDs still glare for few minutes. I use this tape and at this moment every LED is without fault. Important is to give proper power supplier. If too small - in short time period you will be must to exchange this for bigger one.

Tayters
27-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Tesco's (amongst others) now have LED lights in their freezers. It works off a 24V supply and if you're lucky, the retaining screws for the lights haven't gone through the frame heater.