PDA

View Full Version : chocolate display problems

cool zab
17-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Help lol.

I am after some advice on a trimco chocolate display
a zurich.
The problem is with the chocolates drying out .
the temp range is 14C and 17C cut in , the humidity was 23% to 60%. adv of 41%

so i altered the hum stat and now a range of 32% and 75.5%. adv of 53.6% I did not alter the temp. But now the choc's are blooming.

The system has a thermometer which controls compressor only.The humidity stat just controls the heater. Which is fitted with a overheat stat.

Then a humidity stat which is sited just after the heater element.

So Im after what are the best settings for this.cabinet and chocolates ..

Thanks Guys

Magoo
18-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Hell I like chocolate.
Have alot of process work experience with chocolate products.
The major problem is cooling versus humidity, low humidity equals greying of product. Looks like a light brown color.
The cooling coils need high sensible cooling and reduces moisture extraction, keep humidity levels at or above 75%. Pack off product in vacuum wraps or similar while chilled. New stuff lately is nitrogen purged pre- sealing.

chilled kiwi
18-11-2009, 03:25 AM
I had a blooming problem at a cake factory a while back. Try reducing the differential to 1 oC and control the humidity below 50%. Make sure the compressor isn't exceeding the maximum stop start reccommendations.

cool zab
18-11-2009, 08:37 AM
kiwi, so what temp do you recommend. cheers zab

chilled kiwi
19-11-2009, 12:29 AM
The customer should be able to tell you what temperature they want. But as the case was originally set at 14-17 I would go for the 14-15 setting. If you go too cold, the choclates will sweat when served, and if it is too warm, they will be soft. Constant temperture is the most important thing