PDA

View Full Version : high economizer pressure

stanthonycold
15-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi guys,

This is my fist time on this website and i must say it's a good idea.We have 2 sab 163 mk4 compressors running and our economizer pressure is usually around 30 psi but this morning it has risen to 100-110 psi.I am fairly new to refrigeration as i just completed a 4th power engineer trade.Can someone please point me in the right direction on what to check or how to fix this problem.Thanks in advance.

Magoo
16-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Sounds like gauge/ pressure transducer has failed. 100 psig is right up there at or around condensing temp.. Could be that suction regulation has closed off due to a solenoid failure keeping regulator shut off.

rizwankhan
16-11-2009, 05:51 AM
hi, stanthony, what kind of cvq valve,danfoss? check solenoid if it is there, otherwise check pilot valve, range 0-100 psig to rotate strainer (ccw) counter clock wise,but these all thing you check before the economizer like gauge and trasducer.

Sridhar1312
17-11-2009, 05:00 AM
If you have topped up refrigerant it may be overcharged then also suction pressure and discharge pressure will increase. Just check.

Grizzly
17-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Welcome stanthonycold.

Yet again I find myself agreeing with Magoo!
What is the working level like in the economiser and how does 100psi relate to discharge pressure?
Basically it sounds as if either the liquid make-up to the economiser is malfunctioning?
Causing the internal levels and pressure to rise?
Or there is a false reading?
That's the area that I would look into firstly!
Good Luck and don't forget to let us all know how you get on?
Cheers Grizzly