PDA

View Full Version : package unit

beeran
15-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi, I have a carrier package unit.model no: 50 ss-060-913aa.unit does not make proper room temperature. I check some readings, are following

Suction pres. 75,discharge prss=350,liquid line temp=143F,suction line temperature=84F,eva outlet temp=59F,entering condenser air temp =98F,leaving air=121F.can anybody help.

thanking-beeran

Brian_UK
15-11-2009, 01:00 PM
What is the refrigerant Beeran ?

rizwankhan
15-11-2009, 01:33 PM
hi beeran ,used type of refrigerant,check evaporator,and condenser are dirty?either system over chaged,or inside air in system,when you start unit system has oil in good level?

moideen
16-11-2009, 08:08 PM
What is the refrigerant Beeran ?

Hi brian, already he has point out that unit model No: you are the moderator.then you are simply asking which refrigerant?!.carrier 50ss.old model ,using R22.
moideen

Brian_UK
16-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi brian, already he has point out that unit model No: you are the moderator.then you are simply asking which refrigerant?!.carrier 50ss.old model ,using R22.
moideen:off topic:
Forgive me, I may be one of the moderators but I am not physic nor am I some omnipresence being.

If the OP expects everyone else to know everything in the world then I think he is expecting too much, as are you. :(

FEISTY
17-11-2009, 03:40 AM
Brian !!! What were you thinking to ask a question instead of just guessing like most of the " experts " out there. Let's give moideen benefit of the doubt and hope he's just having a bad day. It doesn't take any knowledge to answer a question. It DOES take knowledge to ask one !! Have a great day and thanks for all your past help !!

moideen
17-11-2009, 07:34 AM
:off topic:
Forgive me, I may be one of the moderators but I am not physic nor am I some omnipresence being.

If the OP expects everyone else to know everything in the world then I think he is expecting too much, as are you. :(
my dear Brian take it easy!Especially you are ex-Dubai. and you are very experienced.I have read your many posts. All are very useful.

Moideen-dubai

Gaafar
29-11-2009, 07:13 PM
If this is r-22 unit the suction temperature is not same for corresponding pressure, check subcooling, superheat and design load

Gary
29-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Maybe this will help:

http://www.carrier.com.hk/catalogue/Catalogue%20Files/CatalogueCD2007/Product%20Catalogues/50SS-US.pdf

Gary
29-11-2009, 08:05 PM
The condenser airflow seems sufficient, yet the cond TD and approach are high, as if the heat is not transferring from the refrigerant to the air.

Sometimes, in areas where there is high automotive traffic, an insulative carbon coating can form on the condenser surface, which interferes with heat transfer. When this happens, the condenser needs to be acid cleaned.