PDA

View Full Version : Fridge Light Not Working In LG Gr-s642at

Lomax
05-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi All,

As the thread title says, I've got an LG Gr-s642at Refridgerator and the light in the fridge (not freezer) section doesn't work.

If I put a new globe in, it doesn't work. If I put the *known working* freezer lamp into the refrigerator section, it doesn't work. The freezer lamp is the same as the non-working refrigerator lamp.

Going by the wiring diagram on the rear of the fridge, I located two wires attached to the controller circuit board on the top of the refrigerator that comes from the door switch. I measured open/closed circuit across these two wires as I press/release the door switch. Does this mean that the door switch can be assumed to be OK?

I don't know what else could be causing this issue. globe is good, door switch is good (I think).

If anyone can provide further troubleshooting steps or a service manual for this unit, it would be appreciated.

I'm not a refrigerator expert, but have electronics, engineering, and motor mechanic experience, so I should (hopefully) be capable any advanced troubleshooting techniques you suggest. :)

Regards,

'max

singaman
05-11-2009, 06:08 AM
Hi Lomax
Can it be the contacts between the lamp the lamp holder ? Sometimes they are not in contact or the contacts need cleaning.

Lomax
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Right, will check the contacts, give them a clean, and report back. Thanks for the suggestion.

Brian_UK
05-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Also, did you have a voltage at the door switch?

ali880
22-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Can any one help me with the reason why the fridge keeps beeping? what fault is it trying to tell me?

Yuri B.
22-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Can any one help me with the reason why the fridge keeps beeping? what fault is it trying to tell me?
Maybe bad contact in the door switch (PCB "thinks" door is left open)?

chemi-cool
22-11-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm not a refrigerator expert, but have electronics, engineering, and motor mechanic experience

I do not know the electric law in Australia but in my country, it is against the law to play with electricity unless you have a valid licence.

It the same in England and Scotland.

Your problem is in an electric circuit and with all the respect, get a professional person to sort it out for you.

Your life worth more than a fridge bulb!!!

Furlough0
07-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I have just had exactly your problem. The bulb in the fridge failed. No joy with the replacement. Tried the old fridge bulb in the freezer side NAK. Tested both old and new bulbs with a meter the old one was o/c the new one was about 100ohms. I removed the light compartment from the fridge unplugging the two wiring looms from their sockets. Tested the wires to the light, OK. Put in the new new bulb and tested again showed o/c. So wires not connected to bulb. On close inspection the screw section of the new bulb is very slightly shorter than on the old bulb. The centre connector in the bulb socket is just flat piece of metal. I lifted and slightly twisted this connector and rechecked the wires to the bulb. This time OK (100ohms). Reassembled whole thing, works fine. Good luck.