PDA

View Full Version : Chiller Machine Ambient Problem

Crash & Burns
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi guys! We have a litle problem in our chiller machine. According to manufacturing, it can operate at the maximum ambient temp of 48°C but we are exceeding more than 55°C in summer causing the machine to stop at high pressure alarm. We tried supporting it with dessert cooler and it worked for sometime.Can somebody advise me for long time solution? Thanks!

sedgy
02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
hi crash + burns, have you got an air cooled or is it water cooled?=

multisync
02-11-2009, 05:22 PM
hi crash + burns, have you got an air cooled or is it water cooled?=

Umm 'ambient' suggests air...:confused:

chemi-cool
02-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Yes, there is a simple solution,
You can either change the condenser to a bigger one, about 50% larger, or add another one to the existing condenser.

Gary
02-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi guys! We have a litle problem in our chiller machine. According to manufacturing, it can operate at the maximum ambient temp of 48°C but we are exceeding more than 55°C in summer causing the machine to stop at high pressure alarm. We tried supporting it with dessert cooler and it worked for sometime.Can somebody advise me for long time solution? Thanks!

What refrigerant is in the system and at what pressure does it stop at high pressure alarm?

goshen
06-11-2009, 11:57 AM
hi guys! We have a litle problem in our chiller machine. According to manufacturing, it can operate at the maximum ambient temp of 48°c but we are exceeding more than 55°c in summer causing the machine to stop at high pressure alarm. We tried supporting it with dessert cooler and it worked for sometime.can somebody advise me for long time solution? Thanks!
hi if your unit is on a roof of a complex and u have exhust fanes u can point the ductes twards the condenser in order to use the lower temp air to cool your condenser but this is a very limited solution not for a long term ,
changing condenser to a bigger one is very expensive but would solve problem termanaly!

indian
12-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Oldest solution that works sit a hose on the condenser and let water run over it nothing removes heat like evaporation its how a fridge works - think its called latent heat. Of course you do need water and that may be costly, also pooling warm water does breed disease - but if the 55 deg is temporary it will work ie only some days during summer. Other than that the right thing to do is fit a condenser that will handle the duty ie a bigger one or as suggested a second one. Only other thing I can offer is the condenser in direct sunlight cause solar gain can push a system over the edge where it may work in shade.