PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Fault

vossy
23-09-2009, 09:06 AM
I have an FTXS80H split system installed and after going throught the fault codes I get two beeps on L, then a long beep on 5. Different web sites are telling me different things to check, was wondering if someone can shed a bit more light on the subject for me...
Cheers

nike123
23-09-2009, 10:31 AM
L5-Compressor motor short circuit/grounded or inverter PCB faulty.

http://www.daikinac.com/commercial/documents/Malfunction_Code_Chart_001.pdf
http://www.4shared.com/file/64671146/33d2fd8f/SM-Si10-417-Service_Diagnosis_Split-Multi.html

brunstar
08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
check the resistance of the windings of the compressor, if this is ok and the fan motor is ok.
the outdoor printed circuit board will need replacing.

pan2
08-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Lokk, I'm amazed at how quickly you guys say pcb needs replacing. They are expensive and with a little bit of knowledge and a multimeter, you can save yourself a lot of money. first thing is, Daikin won't supply a schematic so either trace the circuitry or start by looking for the most likely culprits. Most of these boards have 110-240V in. Check to see it's there. Check the fan motor isn't stuffed (remove fan blade and turn the motor shaft gently to see if there is any roughness) if yes, it needs replacing. Check to see if there is 12v and 5v on the circuit board ( the check points are clearly labelled). If no voltage then the most likely outcome is a faulty dc supply. The most sensitive components here are zener diodes, transistors and diode bridges are usually pretty tough these days. Just check continuity across the zeners - they usually fail as a short circuit. The crazy thing here is that a faiulty fan motor will damage the pcb - Daikins solution? replace pcb, don't fix it :( in effect this means you have a $1500 fan motor! wouldn't you think they would have put some sort of protection in place? Anyway, if you try these things and have no success, at least you gave it a good shot before you forked out for a new pcb

Clk320_Greg
08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Lokk, I'm amazed at how quickly you guys say pcb needs replacing. They are expensive and with a little bit of knowledge and a multimeter, you can save yourself a lot of money. first thing is, Daikin won't supply a schematic so either trace the circuitry or start by looking for the most likely culprits. Most of these boards have 110-240V in. Check to see it's there. Check the fan motor isn't stuffed (remove fan blade and turn the motor shaft gently to see if there is any roughness) if yes, it needs replacing. Check to see if there is 12v and 5v on the circuit board ( the check points are clearly labelled). If no voltage then the most likely outcome is a faulty dc supply. The most sensitive components here are zener diodes, transistors and diode bridges are usually pretty tough these days. Just check continuity across the zeners - they usually fail as a short circuit. The crazy thing here is that a faiulty fan motor will damage the pcb - Daikins solution? replace pcb, don't fix it :( in effect this means you have a $1500 fan motor! wouldn't you think they would have put some sort of protection in place? Anyway, if you try these things and have no success, at least you gave it a good shot before you forked out for a new pcb

but say you rplace a component then a few weeks later a different one goes? This will not only make you look bad to your customer it will also have warentee/gurantee isues,

Why run the risk when 99% of customers accept parts will go wrong and need replaceing and understand that they are expensive. In the long run you will just end up costing yourself money/customers

pan2
08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
True if you're a service technician, but if you're doing it for yourself, why not? And even as a tech, surely it's ok to tell a customer that there is every chance that another component could fail. In any event, what the hell is going on with Daikin? They are supposed to be top of the line. What engineering genius didn't notice that faulty fan motors, damage pcbs and the inherent cost? We put surge protectors on our computers They will argue increase costs :) Yes well tell the disgruntled customer that after 5 years if the fan goes, it's cheaper to get a new unit. I wonder if their next one is a Daikin