PDA

View Full Version : Aspen Mini Lime and Daikin FTX G series

batfink
22-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Hi Guys,

I have never had to install a condensate pump before and I am a little confused what the best method of wiring an Aspen Mini Lime pump to a Daikin FTX G series unit is?

Typically all the units have a rotary switch on the outside supplying the outside unit from which a 4 core SY supplies the inside unit through the 1 2 3 and G on the terminal block. I believe 1 = L 2 = N and 3 = Communication.

Hope someone can help.

Take care

Brian_UK
22-09-2009, 11:39 PM
You could pick up a fused feed from the 1/2 indoor unit terminals. Most pumps are low current so do not affect the overall power layout.

batfink
23-09-2009, 07:22 AM
cheers Brian, but what about the alarm side utilising the normally closed, normally open and common wires?

batfink
23-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Its OK one of my friends said they normally connect the common from the pump to no.3 of the cable coming from the outdoor unit to the indoor and the NC to terminal 3 of the indoor unit :)

Thanks anyways :)

frank
23-09-2009, 08:55 AM
If you read the wiring diagram in the pump box, you will see that Aspen recommend that the live to the indoor fan coil is wired through the high level float (NC) wires. In the event of a high level alarm, the power is removed from the indoor unit, instead of interupting the comms which will cause a fault to be generated (U4)

glenn1340
23-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Whenever I`ve fitted them I`ve always used a seperate supply via a fused spur as the instructions say using the indoor unit supply can cause problems. I don`t really see how this could happen but I`d rather be safe than sorry. A lot easier to fit a supply on the original install than when the shop, office etc is up and running. Plus the customer won`t pay you twice.

Glenn

R1976
23-09-2009, 08:05 PM
If you read the wiring diagram in the pump box, you will see that Aspen recommend that the live to the indoor fan coil is wired through the high level float (NC) wires. In the event of a high level alarm, the power is removed from the indoor unit, instead of interupting the comms which will cause a fault to be generated (U4)

If you do this then it may be best to take the pump's power from the isolator before the unit and not the unit's power or you will switch the pump off on high level and it won't come back on. That's how I do it anyway.