PDA

View Full Version : TK SBII Display Panel

Tribal Trans
16-09-2009, 04:34 AM
On my 1993 Utility reefer, the display panel needs replaced, I am having a hard time finding a one as well as a Service Manual.
ALSO, is it possible to replace the control panel with an updated Touch/Electronic one? If so what are the costs involved and where might I purchase the required parts..
Many thanks,
Dennis
aka...Tribal

abbsnowman
16-09-2009, 05:26 AM
Happy to help but I need alot more info.
What brand of reefer? What model? What year?

reefertech
26-09-2009, 01:28 AM
not possible to update. parts and manual are available from t-k dealer.

absolute-zero
02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
On my 1993 Utility reefer, the display panel needs replaced, I am having a hard time finding a one as well as a Service Manual.
ALSO, is it possible to replace the control panel with an updated Touch/Electronic one? If so what are the costs involved and where might I purchase the required parts..
Many thanks,
Dennis
aka...Tribal

You can easily upgrade any old non sr unit to a TG5. I have done this on many old snwds, super II, SB1, sb2, and sb3.

You will have to make slight modification where dial type TG3 and TG4 dial type t-stat mount to the panel, by making a square cut-out vs having a round cut-out.

The advantages will be built in FSII optional discharge air sensor, programmable deforst timers and est.

R-T

Tribal Trans
09-10-2009, 05:57 AM
You can easily upgrade any old non sr unit to a TG5. I have done this on many old snwds, super II, SB1, sb2, and sb3.

You will have to make slight modification where dial type TG3 and TG4 dial type t-stat mount to the panel, by making a square cut-out vs having a round cut-out.

The advantages will be built in FSII optional discharge air sensor, programmable deforst timers and est.

R-T
Im VERY interested..Where can I get the information to make this adaptation?
Ive posted pictures in my profile..ALL Please take a look.
Thank You all..

Tribal Trans
09-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Pictures posted in my profile, OPEN to all information..
Compensation IS available...I more than understand you get nothing for nothing...

Tribal:cool:

absolute-zero
09-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Im VERY interested..Where can I get the information to make this adaptation?
Ive posted pictures in my profile..ALL Please take a look.
Thank You all..

There is no publication or upgrade Kit for this, you just have to use some expeirence in T-Stats and TK understand the basic TK circuitry, via 8 wire CH wire, 14T wire, 10T wire, 29 wire, sensor wires, and if you wanted to utilize defrost timer they would include the 11 and 12 wire.

Sorry but there is nothing available for instructions or upgrade kit. I only offered the suggestion because I have done this simple modification to many units over the years.

A-Z

Tribal Trans
10-10-2009, 05:20 PM
A Z Please contact me offline..

absolute-zero
10-10-2009, 07:35 PM
A Z Please contact me offline..

You dont have your private messages turned on.

Anyhow you can contact me offine at my email

techsupport@reefertek.com

Regards A-Z