PDA

View Full Version : how busy?

coolhibby1875
15-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Hi all

just wondering how everyone else is finding things just now as we are ghostly at the moment, Have even goy all my maintenances up to date, Which no doubt will drive the calls down even more?

glenn1340
15-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Most of my work is in the compressed air game with fridge dryers and chillers to make things interesting. I`ve worked for the same company for eighteen years and today was the first time my boss said we`ve got no work on so I spent this morning sweeping up the workshop.
O/Ts non existent but at least I`m in work.

monkey spanners
15-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I've got a few install jobs ahead of me then i'm planning to get on with restoring my 1970's lorry if nothing else comes in.
Then all i need is one of those showmans caravans and i can go be a new age traveller....

Magoo
16-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Not good in NZ., all the companies are waiting, for what I do not know, had several contracts deferred indefinitly. ( crap ). Resorted to working in OZ

fowlie
16-09-2009, 07:23 PM
i am a slightly less busier but thats just down to loosing two contracts service still busy will be getting another 10 new stores in the next year so no worrys.install guys are really busy as well but you can tell the difference as there are no jobs going.And alot of the offshore companys are cutting back.

750 Valve
21-09-2009, 01:54 PM
The two majors are still putting out a decent amount of install works (new and refurb) in Australia, service wise those that have the contracts have a decent amount of work. Hope it picks up for the rest of you fellas.

fritzhvac
21-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Man it sounds bad everywhere, I am lucky to get one install a week here!!! It will be getting cold here soon, hope work picks up with preventative maintenance for winter. Just started a new company it's been rough.
Good Luck to everyone... FRITZ

acnerd
21-09-2009, 05:11 PM
It's quiet down here in Berkshire, England. I work for a large building maintenance company so although I am a fridge man, they use me in other areas too, to make up time; like leaking taps, lighting problems :mad:

All our maintenance is on schedule and a/c call-outs are almost non-existent.