PDA

View Full Version : TK TS300 High and Low RPMs

JamieB
14-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi, I'm not trying to cross post but i posted a thread in trouble shooting a number of days ago and no one has any answers for me in that section of the forum and perhaps not every tech here checks all the forums. Perhaps this is a better place for my question since the problem(alarm code) has changed.
Does anyone know the normal high and low rpms for the TK TS300?
Right now I'm getting an alarm code 33,"Check RPM", when doing a pretrip system test
The unit is running at ~2000 rpm in whisper mode and ~2500 rpm in high speed.
Originaly I got a code 44 "High Speed Circuit" and the unit would not go into high speed but after cleaning the fuses the code changed to 33 and the unit does speed up now, so I'm assuming that I had a bad connection and it still might be a bit of a problem.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

DaButcher
15-09-2009, 03:12 AM
1625 and 2450

As long as the RPM's are somewhat close don't worry about the code 33. If you want it dead on make sure the air and fuel filters are in good shape (preferably new) before attempting to adjust the RPM's

abbsnowman
15-09-2009, 03:33 AM
Be sure to check the wires on the rpm sensor and the linkage on the speed solenoid.

JamieB
15-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Excellent tips, thanks guys
Checked out air filter today and it needs replacing, solenoid seems to move fine. Will definatly check out wiring for the sensor, umm where exactly would that be located? :-)
Thanks...

abbsnowman
15-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Look at the flywheel through the side door opposite side of the engine to the starter. (2 wires)
We had one today that had simmular issues and what we found was the flywheel was corroded and once we cleaned it was fine.

JamieB
15-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks Snowman, I'll check that out.

AIDANMC2006
15-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Hi, I'm not trying to cross post but i posted a thread in trouble shooting a number of days ago and no one has any answers for me in that section of the forum and perhaps not every tech here checks all the forums. Perhaps this is a better place for my question since the problem(alarm code) has changed.
Does anyone know the normal high and low rpms for the TK TS300?
Right now I'm getting an alarm code 33,"Check RPM", when doing a pretrip system test
The unit is running at ~2000 rpm in whisper mode and ~2500 rpm in high speed.
Originaly I got a code 44 "High Speed Circuit" and the unit would not go into high speed but after cleaning the fuses the code changed to 33 and the unit does speed up now, so I'm assuming that I had a bad connection and it still might be a bit of a problem.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Check the crimps on the top of the sensor as sometimes the wires come loose from vibrations and cause poor contact. Engine speeds should be 1650 +/- 50 rpm on low speed operation and 2425 +/- 50 rpm on high speed operation but alarm 33 is not a shutdown alarm so it's not major important

abbsnowman
16-09-2009, 05:30 AM
FYI everybody, how these sensors work is by creating ac voltage that is read by micro. I believe its around 5 volts in high speed but read the manual. (thats how we learn right?):)

JamieB
17-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Check the crimps on the top of the sensor as sometimes the wires come loose from vibrations and cause poor contact. Engine speeds should be 1650 +/- 50 rpm on low speed operation and 2425 +/- 50 rpm on high speed operation but alarm 33 is not a shutdown alarm so it's not major important

More good info, thanks. I ran the unit yesterday, with the crappy air filter(waiting for new one) and the rpms are now ~1750 and ~2500. So close to specs. The other problem with getting code 33 during pretrip test is that it also throws the 28 code, Pretrip Abort, and shuts the unit down so I don't know if the unit is completeing the pretrip test. My guess is it still needs to check for other conditions. The shut down comes right at the end of defrost test.

FYI everybody, how these sensors work is by creating ac voltage that is read by micro. I believe its around 5 volts in high speed but read the manual. (thats how we learn right?)

Gotta get me a manual, I'm sure life would much easier.:D

Thanks guys

djbe
24-09-2009, 10:59 PM
The shut down comes right at the end of defrost test.

Gotta get me a manual, I'm sure life would much easier.:D

Thanks guys

I've had this on lots of TS units, if you stay with the unit you will hear the engine note drop when the unit is on defrost during pretrip, then shutdown.

I guess the pressure at the end of the defrost cycle drags the rpm's down but I have never managed to get to the bottom of it.

Doesn't seem to affect the unit in normal running so I just ignore it now.

No help I know but lets you know you are not the only one that has had this problem.

JamieB
25-09-2009, 11:09 PM
I've had this on lots of TS units, if you stay with the unit you will hear the engine note drop when the unit is on defrost during pretrip, then shutdown.

I guess the pressure at the end of the defrost cycle drags the rpm's down but I have never managed to get to the bottom of it.

Doesn't seem to affect the unit in normal running so I just ignore it now.

No help I know but lets you know you are not the only one that has had this problem.

Thanks for the info. The unit does behave as you describe. Since the high and low rpms are close to the default settings and it runs fine, I won't worry about it anymore.
Thanks

absolute-zero
02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
2000 rpms is to high for the low speed operation. This most likely is the reason it fails PTI.

1563 software revision also changed the paramters to reduce the nuicance code 33 in a PTI.

R-T

JamieB
05-10-2009, 07:04 PM
2000 rpms is to high for the low speed operation. This most likely is the reason it fails PTI.

1563 software revision also changed the paramters to reduce the nuicance code 33 in a PTI.

R-T
The low speed rpms are actually around 1700 rpm, so they are fairly close to the specs.
I don't know what software version I have. Would that be easy to find or would I have to get into super secret mode ;-). I don't have a manual so I really don't want to try and get into secret mode and screw something up.
I finally got all the way through a pretrip test with out the unit shutting down. It still threw the error 33 but it didn't throw error 28(pretrip Fail).

absolute-zero
05-10-2009, 07:16 PM
The low speed rpms are actually around 1700 rpm, so they are fairly close to the specs.
I don't know what software version I have. Would that be easy to find or would I have to get into super secret mode ;-). I don't have a manual so I really don't want to try and get into secret mode and screw something up.
I finally got all the way through a pretrip test with out the unit shutting down. It still threw the error 33 but it didn't throw error 28(pretrip Fail).

1700 is still to high the rpms are still out of range. Low speed needs to be 1626 +/- 25 rpms
High speed needs to be 2450 +/- 50 rpms

To access controller S/W revision as follows:
1. Turn the unit on.

2. Press and hold the TK logo for a few seconds unitl USC shows up on screen.

3. DO NOT PUSH EQUALS KEY to enter a PT or USC

4. Press the select key once and this should reveal your 4 digit S/W rev number. (15XX)

A-Z

JamieB
06-10-2009, 03:57 AM
1700 is still to high the rpms are still out of range. Low speed needs to be 1626 +/- 25 rpms
High speed needs to be 2450 +/- 50 rpms

To access controller S/W revision as follows:
1. Turn the unit on.

2. Press and hold the TK logo for a few seconds unitl USC shows up on screen.

3. DO NOT PUSH EQUALS KEY to enter a PT or USC

4. Press the select key once and this should reveal your 4 digit S/W rev number. (15XX)

A-Z
Thanks for that info.
How do you change the rpm for just low or high rpms? With an older TK unit I had, if I remember correctly, we could adjust the individual rpms by adjusting the length of the actuator arm on 1 of 2 solonoids. This unit has only 1 solenoid.

absolute-zero
06-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks for that info.
How do you change the rpm for just low or high rpms? With an older TK unit I had, if I remember correctly, we could adjust the individual rpms by adjusting the length of the actuator arm on 1 of 2 solonoids. This unit has only 1 solenoid.

There is a speed lever on the pump that has a screw and lock nut, just loosen the lock nut with 10mm and back out screw unitil proper RPM is achieved.

High speed is adjust through the speed solenoid plunger and or speed solenoid linkage rod.

A-Z

JamieB
06-10-2009, 05:58 PM
There is a speed lever on the pump that has a screw and lock nut, just loosen the lock nut with 10mm and back out screw unitil proper RPM is achieved.

High speed is adjust through the speed solenoid plunger and or speed solenoid linkage rod.

A-Z
Again, A-Z, thanks for the info. I'll make adjustments this weekend.