PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Fault Codes

DaveBowles
04-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi, I am a new memebr , so I hope this isn't a regular question.

I have two panasonic air conditioning units, E9-CKP and E15-CKP. The neither unit is cooling efficiently, the smaller unit is the worse of the two. The units are about 4 years old, could they need regassing? I hear that a fault code can be obtained from the remote control, how do I do that and is there a list of the codes and the faults?

Any help much appreciated, thanks, Dave Bowles

nike123
04-09-2009, 02:38 PM
There are no fault codes for non inverter models!

Debonair Spain
04-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi, I am a new memebr , so I hope this isn't a regular question.

I have two panasonic air conditioning units, E9-CKP and E15-CKP. The neither unit is cooling efficiently, the smaller unit is the worse of the two. The units are about 4 years old, could they need regassing? I hear that a fault code can be obtained from the remote control, how do I do that and is there a list of the codes and the faults?

Any help much appreciated, thanks, Dave Bowles

To determin weather the system requires gas, an engineer will have to put a set of gauges on the system.

Are both outdoor units running?

And have you cleaned the filters?

DaveBowles
04-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi Nike & DS,thanks for responding.
Both units are inverter models. Outside units are CU-E9CKP5 and CU-E15CKP5.

Yes, both outside units running and filters cleaned recently. Both units are cooling, but air not as cold as it should be. If there is no obvious cause, I'll call an engineer to check the gas situation. Can you advise how to retrieve the fault code on a Panasonic?
Thanks again, Dave Bowles

Debonair Spain
04-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi Nike & DS,thanks for responding.
Both units are inverter models. Outside units are CU-E9CKP5 and CU-E15CKP5.

Yes, both outside units running and filters cleaned recently. Both units are cooling, but air not as cold as it should be. If there is no obvious cause, I'll call an engineer to check the gas situation. Can you advise how to retrieve the fault code on a Panasonic?

Hi Dave are there any lights flashing on the unit to indicate a fault.

nike123
04-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Fault Diagnostics
Fault Codes are only used on Inverter Systems. Both Single and Super Multi Inverter Systems use the same fault codes as below.
Outdoor Codes are ONLY used by the Super Inverter Multi systems models 23 and 27, NOT single systems.
When a Fault Occurs the Timer Lamp wil start flashing and the unit stops
Turning the Power Off will reset the unit but will not clear the fault code
The unit will remember up to three fault codes.
To fund the fault code
Ensure power is on at the unit and point the remote controller at it so a signal can be received
For single systems (CSE and CSXE) press the CHECK button for more than 5 seconds
For Multi systems (CSME) press the Timer Setting Up Arrow for more than five seconds
H11 will appear on the Remote Control Display - this indicates that Interrogate Mode is Operational
Use the Timer Setting Up and Down Arrows to scroll between fault codes until four beeps are heard - this shows the Fault Code
Fault Codes are cleared from memory by setting Test Cooling and shorting the RESET terminals in the controller battery compartment.

DaveBowles
05-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Hi DS & Nike:
Thanks again for the quick responses.
There are no flashing lights, all 3 power monitor lights come on initally then down to 2, then back to 3, but no flashing.
I did the fault code test, got H11 then scrolled through the codes. Did not get anything other than single bleeps on all codes. Is it looking more like regassing than anything else?

Debonair Spain
05-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Hi DS & Nike:
Thanks again for the quick responses.
There are no flashing lights, all 3 power monitor lights come on initally then down to 2, then back to 3, but no flashing.
I did the fault code test, got H11 then scrolled through the codes. Did not get anything other than single bleeps on all codes. Is it looking more like regassing than anything else?

Hi Dave it is impossible to see weather it is short of gas until someone puts a set of gauges on to see how the system is running.

One question, how long is the pipe work between indoor and outdoor units. Have you a record of the gas that may of been added to the system, because if the pipework is over 5 meters then gas should of been weighed in.

The best way forward is to get the company back who installed the systems.

DaveBowles
06-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi DS, thanks for the response.
I don't have a recored of the quantity of R410A gas at installation. The larger unit has about 5m of pipework, the smaller lass than 2m.
I'll take your advice and check with the supplier next week.

Thanks again for the advice, DaveB

nike123
06-09-2009, 08:43 AM
. Is it looking more like regassing than anything else?

Yes, but instead of simple regassing, it should be first finding leak, fixing leak, leak testing with dry nitrogen, evacuation and regassing with correct amount (by weight).

DaveBowles
06-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks Nike, understood.
DaveB

cameo
04-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks Nike, understood.
DaveB
H-11 internal/ external cable connections
indor/ outdoor PCB