PDA

View Full Version : Manitowoc Ice Machine

crazycohiba
27-08-2009, 01:23 AM
I have a Manitowoc 450 series ice machine for my restaurant.
Machine was working fine. We added an espresso machine and the tech connected it on the same plug as the Ice machine. well both together demanded to much power. it kept tripping the breaker. the tech insisted on turning it on and trying again and again. The Ice machine kept resetting itself and on & off. finally the ice machine did not want to start up anymore. trying to find someone to repair it is impossible in this little town. they here ice machines and they run. many have told me control board. but this thing is 400.00.
Curtain light goes on in the ice position and clean position.
harvest light does not go on at all nor does it blink in either position.
Any suggestions?
if you need more info please ask as I can provide only what I can look for.
cordially,
Chef Domenic

crazycohiba
27-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Manitowoc ice machine is a 450 series model number is By0454A

lowcool
27-08-2009, 04:45 AM
id have a chat with the tech in regards to damage to the machine on the premise that he has overloaded the power circuit,sounds to me like he isnt licensed or if he is,he has probably contravened licensing regulations.nasty way to go about it i agree.maybe your fellow countrymen on this site or others may be able to inform you on wiring rules and regulations for your district before taking this step.

thinktwice
27-08-2009, 05:19 AM
All ice machine with electronic board installed have to initialize after you turn it on, allowing it ti check it self for any troubles or abnormality on the sequence. If you have troulbe with the electrical supply, you need first to check the power supply, it might having low voltage due to overloading of the supply line, coffee machine eats a lot of energy during pre heating and heat recovery. I guess matbe that your ice machine have voltage protection installed for it to trip in times of power supply abnormalities. if there is a trouble with the control or on its othere parts, it will be indicated thru the blinking of the LED lights on the board. Another things is maybe the compressor tripped due to frequent resetting. You mention the LED light on the control is both on. After switching in "ON" position, what happen, what light is on?