PDA

View Full Version : Apprentice help Please

Paul88
25-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Hello Guys

I recently just been made redundant from my refrigeration apprenticeship after one year due to the company cutting back on workforce. I have applied to many companies but no one seems intersted in apprentice's. I have gained in the last few years a good knowledge of domestic and comercial refrigeration but hold no qualifications if someone out there is interested in apprentices please help me if you can.

bill1983
25-11-2009, 09:32 PM
welcome paul
don't give up, keep applying, visit where possible, don't speak to personel or hr departments, speak to service managers directly speak to fridgies you see in the shops. carry a cv with you wherever you go.
persistance will pay off.
keep visiting these forums.

old gas bottle
27-11-2009, 04:14 PM
yes keep working even in another job untill you can get back into the trade,you may have to make sacrifices though, with you being a second year apprentice the new employer may struggle to get a subsidy ,we had the same problem and it makes it expensive to teach a lad the trade:mad:

so ,its the wrong time of the year to get a job in this trade unless your lucky...but go for it,tell the potencial employer your very keen and flexible,even take less money for a while,pester them,and most of all never give up.;) very best of luck.

Paul88
19-05-2010, 12:23 PM
welcome paul
don't give up, keep applying, visit where possible, don't speak to personel or hr departments, speak to service managers directly speak to fridgies you see in the shops. carry a cv with you wherever you go.
persistance will pay off.
keep visiting these forums.
Thanks Guys i am on everyone's case at the moment. Hopefully something will pop up in the near future.