PDA

View Full Version : Trane - Whats the crack?

Clk320_Greg
10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Seen some of there kit on a few sites. Never had anything to do with it tho, however on a new site we have been asked if we could concider maintaining some of there gear. But when i spoke to they they apparently offer nothig in the way of support as they have there own teams who do that..... Great.

So is there anywhere where i can get some trane manuals or tech spec?

At the moment im just after anything i can get my mits on to give me an idea of tranes working an controls....

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Tesla
11-08-2009, 12:41 AM
You should be able to download manuals from the Trane web site. As for getting info from one of thier branches - well it's like squeezing blood out of stone. If you do decide to maintain thier gear I would reccomend you subcontract them to do the annuals.

multisync
11-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Never give Trane, Carrier or York a serial number. If you do they will be all over your customer like a rash..

Clk320_Greg
11-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Never give Trane, Carrier or York a serial number. If you do they will be all over your customer like a rash..

Funny you say that - When i rang up the bloke was being over nice, then asked "oh out of cureiousity where is this job" - by this time i had realised that i wasnt going to get anything from him so my reply was "Go and get ****ed". Odly enough it was only after this the he actually spoke to me normally and gave me the information i wanted about back up and support.

Lowrider
11-08-2009, 09:10 AM
What machines are you talking about?

I can only talk about the situation here in the Netherlands, but this is not the way we handle things over here! If a customer calls us, we help him!

abdulazman
11-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Greg,
Certain info you can get it from the Trane web site, but for some confidential info you must have access to the Trane Eagles. Even the eagles are controlled.

Clk320_Greg
11-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Greg,
Certain info you can get it from the Trane web site, but for some confidential info you must have access to the Trane Eagles. Even the eagles are controlled.

Whats a "Trane Eagle" ?

Lowrider
02-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Whats a "Trane Eagle" ?

Eagle is the name of the program Trane used for all Manuals etc. of all equipment they produced!