PDA

View Full Version : Daikin EUWL 100

exxu
06-08-2009, 09:25 PM
The problem that i have with this chiller is that the reading of the high pressure is 10 bar over the real pressure. The pressure transmitter i found installed on the high pressure side is a Danfoss AKS 33 (-1...34 bar !!!! on R134A) and i think that this is not the original sensor since the low pressure transmitter is an Alco.
Can anyone tell me which is the original pressure transmitter ?
Best regards.
Daniel

Eeram
07-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Some Daikin units came out with Danfoss AKS 33 transducers. The output signal is 4-20mA.

Make sure your min and max parameter setpoints on the controller is -1 to 34 Bar.

Remove the transducer from the pressure. It should show 0 Bar/Kpa or -26 deg. C for R-134a. I don't know what your controller displays.

Is it a Carel controller?

Eeram
07-08-2009, 05:47 PM
If the original transducers were Alco, then you must use Alco PT1-30A0712526 which is for 0 - 30 Bar.

Alternatively, use Carel SPK30000000, also for 0 - 30 Bar.

The AKS 33 for -1 to 34Bar then needs adjustment on the min. and max. parameter setpoints if you keep on using it.

Hope this helps.

exxu
12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Indeed it is a pCO Carel controller. I tried an ALCO pressure transducer (0...30 bar / 4...20 mA) but the readings were the same: with a 7 bar pressure it reads 17,2 bar. I'll try to get into min and max parameter setpoints on the controller.
Thank you Eeram.
Best regards.
Daniel

Eeram
13-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Maybe I am going to be stupid here, but is the Suction Side transducer not for some reason swopped with the Discharge transducer?

I mean, is the wiring not changed around on the PCO inputs?

What is the suction/low side reading?

Please come back to me.

exxu
13-08-2009, 10:56 PM
No, the transducers are not swapped. The low side one gives me the right readings. I found some info about Daikin chillers and it seems that the high side pressure transducer in indeed the one i found installed -1...34 Bar:eek:. So the problem i have is with the controller. I will check if the analog input is set and working as it was supposed to: 4...20 mA (haven't checked this thing when i was there :o)
Keep in touch.
Best regards.

MR CVP
13-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Check the Wiring plugs on the Pico controller I think it may be plug j16 make sure that the terminals are tight, I have had several faults like this were a lose connection has been to blame, the sensors rely on a common ground wire so if this is loose it will cause problems. Just one final question has the Pico been replaced recently? if so some parameters need to be changed in the service menu.

exxu
17-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Just one final question has the Pico been replaced recently? if so some parameters need to be changed in the service menu.

Unfortunately i could'n find a service history for this unit so i don't know when this malfunction appeared. They called me for another fault: the chiller was found in "EEV baterry ERR" several times so i changed the baterry and the battery controller. At that time i noticed the problem with the HP sensor readings. Since then the chiller worked just fine although the hp is read with a big error (it doesn't affect the unit functions but i want to solve this issue too)
I should get at the site these days hoping that i will find the password for the service menu.
I'll keep you informed.
Thanks for the reply.
Best regards.
Daniel.

Eeram
17-08-2009, 08:04 PM
The password is normally 123, unless changed by Daikin or somebody else.

exxu
17-08-2009, 08:57 PM
or somebody else.
This is what i'm afraid.

DaikinGuy
25-08-2009, 09:15 AM
This is what i'm afraid.

1234 should do the trick

exxu
27-08-2009, 10:36 PM
The customer is on vacation so i won't be able to investigate more now.
But as soon i'll go there i'll let you guys know if and how was the problem solved..

exxu
06-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Back again.
But the problem was not solved.
I've entered the service menu but i found only offsets for the evaporator and the ambient temperature probes.
Nothing on the pressure transducers.
It seems that i have to get into the manufacturer menu to configure the pressure transducers. In sistems that have a pCO terminal (LCD display with keyboard) the manufacturer menu is accessed by pressing MENU and PROG keys together.
I've tried all combinations with the keys on the pCO2 controller but without any result; it doesn't have a PROG key.
Sadly, I don't have a pCO terminal to connect it to the controller.
Any suggestions ?

MR CVP
06-09-2009, 10:59 PM
OK to enter the service menu make sure that the controller is powered on but the chiller must be on Standby ( the on/off button should be flashing ) enter the normal service menu and scroll down to the bottom and you should see another option to enter the service menu.Push the enter key and you will be asked for another Password.
If this is a standard Pico 1234 would work but if this is using Daikin software on the Pico the password would be changed.
I dont want to display the password on an open forum as end users could get hold of this and cause problems so if you PM me I will give you a back door password

exxu
09-09-2009, 11:08 AM
MR CVP
The controller has two menus accesed from the keyboard: usersettings menu and service menu.
I've entered the service menu but there is no possibility to change the settings for the pressure transducers.
I've attached a page from a carel doc which shows exactly the menu that will help me.