PDA

View Full Version : Multi deck maintenance

Andy AC
27-07-2009, 09:28 PM
How much time would you allow for maintenance on a large 3 - 4m long multi deck with remote condenser. Giving the drains/pumps a good wash out etc.
I've been asked to quote for maintenance on a small chain of convenience stores, including the a/c. All of them have at least one of these massive things. Having not worked on one of those big multi decks before, I thought I'd better ask.

Andy

taz24
27-07-2009, 10:18 PM
How much time would you allow for maintenance on a large 3 - 4m long multi deck with remote condenser. Giving the drains/pumps a good wash out etc.
I've been asked to quote for maintenance on a small chain of convenience stores, including the a/c. All of them have at least one of these massive things. Having not worked on one of those big multi decks before, I thought I'd better ask.

Andy

If it was empty for you about an hour inside if there are no problems, outside about 1/2 to 1 hour if no problems.

You will need to strip the shelves, the back and base plates out. Block the drain with a bung and wash the inside, using a wet & dry vac to suck it clean. Then suck the drains clean and flush with hot water to prove ok.
You will need to test the fans, heaters, probes and carry out full leak test. Then put back together.
Outside make sure the cond is clean and all the usual visual checks. once a year check the oil perhaps for acid but if the sight glass is clear then breaking into the system is not always nessesary.
Test air flows and air on / of temps over cond and evap.

So for 1 X 4mtr remote with no problems about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, with problems then how long is a piece of string. But the case must be empty for you when you need it.

taz.

Andy AC
27-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Cheers Taz, thanks for the advice

Andy

Andy W
28-07-2009, 07:43 AM
If it has not been maintained for a while then your first visit could well take longer to get it up to scratch and the customer will rarely empty the case, some will let you empty the well to gain access so that you can check how filthy it all is, make sure you clean the drain trap as these get full of slime, 1.5 to 2 hours is a good estimate but it all depends on what the customer sees as a reasonable amount to pay for something which is working fine with no problems, some dont understand the word "preventative" maintenace.

1mikeefc1
28-07-2009, 08:21 AM
i would give about 2 hours at least if it hasn't been looked at for a while and also get the customer to clear it of product as this is probably more time consuming than the maintenance visit.

taz24
29-07-2009, 01:44 AM

Andy

If you want the truthful answer, it is

You role up and go to the canteen, van, cafe, pub (delete as required) and have your breakfast with two cups of tea or coffee ( tea or coffee is your choice).
You then saunter down onto the shop floor and find the fridge stocked so full it looks like the distribution center broke down and needed somewhere to put the equivilent of an articulated lorries worth of stock in it.

You kick the base plates and suck air in through your teeth stateing that "this looks bad Guv".

Move a few pre packed cheeses and meats around and then throw a bucket of water on the shop floor.

You then retire to the canteen / van / Cafe / pub (delete as required) to have your dinner.

Go back and see the manager, telling him he's all fine and to leave it for 2 or 3 days to settle down, ignor the alarms, as its normal after a deep maint clean like this.

Then retire to your country club for drinks.:p :p

Six hours.

Cheers taz.