PDA

View Full Version : York Reciprocating Chiller - %Motor Current

subdude
27-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Hello I am new to the site and this is my first post here. I have been working through some issues with a York Reciprocating chiller. One plant in particular had power secured to both the controller cabinet as well as the microprocessor cabinet for the replacement of all four motor contactors. Power was removed from the system for about a month. Upon start-up the displayed % Motor Current was about twice the value it should have been. I checked the wiring to the contactors, CT's, calibration resistors(for proper seating and resistance value) and all seems to be right.

Is it possible that the EEPROM that stores the data which gives the comparison circuit basically the denominator for the microprocessor to determine % motor current somehow defaulted to another value when power was removed from the machine?

The line current for each running compressor was about 30 to 40 amps. The RLA values for both compressors were 77 and 95 amps respectively.

Thanks,
JR

Tesla
27-07-2009, 11:54 PM
It is likely that the proccessor backup batary has gone flat and lost memory.What is the model of chiller? If there are more than one of that same chiller you could try swaping boards to comfirm(check batary first).

subdude
28-07-2009, 01:24 AM
The model # is YCJW56HF0-46PW.

Alan 01
28-07-2009, 05:39 PM
need to check the unloader solenoids are all energised on start up. de-energised for loading.

casstrig
28-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Taking into account RLA current your stated running current is about right so I suspect as in the previous post that the stored memory of your controller was lost.