PDA

View Full Version : District Cooling

sundarrs
29-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Pls help somebody for me, am working for district cooling system can u tell somebody how to design district cooling system plant?

NoNickName
29-06-2009, 10:23 AM
This is an argument for a book, not for a post in a forum.
The main parts are:
1) the cooling centre. Generally speaking this is done via absorption unit, as cooling is a byproduct of urban waste incineration
2) pumping station. Design has to be done in accordance with existing urbanisation and future land development.
3) network. Pressure drops must carefully be calculated in a wide range of pipe branches and returned to the deisgn of the pumping station.

This is a job for a bunch of engineers working for months.

lowcool
29-06-2009, 02:07 PM
yep,thats one big project are pubs included?

Toosh
29-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Pls help somebody for me, am working for district cooling system can u tell somebody how to design district cooling system plant?

When I worked in Saudi Arabia, Aramco the major oil producer had district cooling there were a number of plants with water cooled centrifugal chillers one plant alone had 7, 600 ton chillers and there were 8 ac plants in the 1 town, each plant served an area of the company towns. The water was pumped throughout the towns in underground pipe lines to homes and offices and hospitals. This is a major project and not for the feint hearted. :eek:

Good Luck

Toosh

US Iceman
29-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Two types of district cooling: chilled water or thermal storage. Each will fill a book about issues and design information.

The chilled water systems are more common, and ice storage is even more complex.;)