PDA

View Full Version : cellar cooling

SkyWalker
27-06-2009, 10:03 PM
hi guys, i visited a cellar cooling sytem the other day, it was the first i had been to, just wondered what you guys thought of 3c air on/off TD on evap?

system was a Hubbard premium 200 (R407c), twin evap, common 3/8 liquid T into 2x 3/8" liquid, common 7/8" suction T into 2x 5/8" suction (as per install manual i found on site) air on evap 14c off about 11c, superheat was 10K, suction pressure 65psi, full sight glass, compressor draw reading from its name plate said 14.1A Max, was running at 8.1A. there was slight frosting on the distributor's of both evaps but nothing to write home about. outdoor ambient about 22C i think. round about 10k sub cooling also.

Danfoss T.E.V's both 04 orifice. bulbs well insulated at 2 o'clock, externally equalized. i checked the tev and both are 3 1/2 turns in, (starting from the full outward position)
the cellar was 6m x 3m about 2.4m ceiling height.

there where no complaints the system wasn't holding the cellar at 12c its just i aint seen a cellar system before and wasn't sure if this was a low indoor TD? thought it do at least 8C or so. also is 10k superheat high? if this was like 5k wouldn't this mean more liquid in the evap's? better td's?? or would 5k be too small?

i normally work on a/c and hold my hands up, i know how to take and make the readings but dont know if my readings are as they should be?

didnt intend this post to be so long,sorry. but any help/education would be much appreciated, cheers guys

Yuri B.
28-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi SkyWalker.
What is cond pressure ?

My first conjecture would be undersized comp (for the two evap-s).

nike123
28-06-2009, 08:09 AM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19544