PDA

View Full Version : Trane RTAA100

JWadley
26-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Among the many troublesome failures I have encountered, the Trane Chiller RTWA and RTAA have this in common, "Latched Fault, Manual Reset Required." Aggrevations by the dozen.
I have cleaned the anti lock on the contactors and readjusted them countless times. And, just when you think you have it licked, there it is again.
Another machine fixed itself. Got the latched fault for 3 months and it finally quit. Who knows when the gremlin will return. Not happy with tech support, fix it better myself. Any thoughts??????????????????????????????????

goshen
26-06-2009, 10:12 AM
HI what is the fault that is latching the machine in diagnostics report????????????????????????:o

C A Schmisseur
26-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I ma having a similar problem I have a RTAA 80 ton trane chiller that keeps shouting down on Latched Fault, Manual Reset Required, that is it no word as to which latch faulted. Tech support has replaced two condenser fan motors and two contactors and still has the problem. The only thing I found on the subject is in a manual that I got off the net, manual # RTAA-SVX01A-EN.

1 ) chilled water flow :
causes to trip this diagnostic include either a loss of chilled water flow or a calibration shift in they evap. Water temp. sensors.

2 ) Contactor CPRSR A:
A ; a welded cprsr contactor
B ; Detected a welded compressor Contactor when the compressor is command off but the current does not go to zero. The detection time shill be 5 sec. Minimum and 10 sec. Max.

3 ) Emergency Stop;
E- Stop input is open an external interlock tripped. Time to trip from input opening to unit stop is 0.1 to 1 sec.

4 ) Communication loss;
A communication loss between modules 1U1 and 1U3 and or 1U3 and 1U1. 1U1 has det. A loss of IPC comm.. from the 1U3 module.

cool_tech
27-06-2009, 09:02 AM
hello,
some trane machines they wire the hp into the oil pressure switch, so you have to pull the cover off the oil pressure switch and press the hp button. try that let me know how you go. ct

serviceman
12-11-2009, 09:47 PM
to happened most of two in both circuits and the unidad.que alarms can be caused by a bad programming, poor communication between modulos.dame more data

Blueheeler
14-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Latched faults on Trane RTAAs are the processor's lack of ability to determine the exact nature of the problem. I've encountered it several times. If you contact tech support they will go down the line of faults associated with this failure that can be found in the tech manual. Typically I've found a faulty sensor if everything else checks out.

moideen
14-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Among the many troublesome failures I have encountered, the Trane Chiller RTWA and RTAA have this in common, "Latched Fault, Manual Reset Required." Aggrevations by the dozen.
I have cleaned the anti lock on the contactors and readjusted them countless times. And, just when you think you have it licked, there it is again.
Another machine fixed itself. Got the latched fault for 3 months and it finally quit. Who knows when the gremlin will return. Not happy with tech support, fix it better myself. Any thoughts??????????????????????????????????

hi jw

Expand the latched fault by using chiller adaptive control. First specify the fault code. “LATCHED” is not a fault code. Latched means LOCKOUT.

Moideen-dubai