PDA

View Full Version : Indesit fridge/freezer not cooling

jaye944
17-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi all,

Am new here and came across form Google.

My tale is:

I've got a 9 yr old idesit fridge/freezer.

The freezer is fine, if anything freezes up like an eskimo pie !

The fridge is cool at best. it used to get some ice etc on the of the fridge (inside the fridge that is) but not anymore

It has one compressor, all looks ok? the light comes on and you can hear a gentle buzz.

the thermostat is on 5 (full) I remember that the fridge used to be quite loud, but not so now. Also when i had it on full, I used to be able to turn it down to say 2 or 3 and the compressor noise, would stop, nothing like that now.

the compressor motor at back does get hot as well, the fins get warmish, does the fridge posistion matter, its against a window, before it was in a corner.

anything I can check, also is regassing expensive and how can i tell if it needs this

this is a slight tear in the seal, but this is on the outside and deosnt extend to the inside.

also I swear when i switch it off for a while & defrost it or give it a shake I swear it works for a bit

ta

Have been recommded to switch off and leave for 24hours with doors open

am bit loathe as i keep my insulin in it.

cheers

tonto33
18-06-2009, 12:32 PM
seems u need a regas price varys company to company dependin were u are located

jaye944
18-06-2009, 04:32 PM
am learning a lot about fridges this week.

if it needs a regas, theres obviously a leak... as the gas , just doesnt go off.

am assuming when somone does an RG they can preassure test it.

can it be tested to see IF it needs a regass.

I also thing the connections on a domestic fridge are all soldered/braised. as opposed to car a/c's which have connections to fill the air and lots of chances to loose the air.

when i get home will check and get model numbers and try and post up some pics

seems u need a regas price varys company to company dependin were u are located

jaye944
18-06-2009, 08:33 PM
model is not ffree it is indesit CG1227

tonto33
19-06-2009, 12:12 AM
to be honest it a indesit which will need regas we charge min £70+ in norfolk depends if runs on r134a or r600 and how far to travel to it so i would rarher bin it and but that money towards new better one