PDA

View Full Version : No power to outdoor unit

matthewthirlwel
13-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Hello My name is Matt- I am an Ice machine engineer.
A customer asked me to look at his cellar cooler. Indoor on and blowing unit reading 33 ambient in there i reckon. and set temp to cool was 4 ....outdoor unit no power to contactor -pushed contactor in nothing run . Does anyone think it could be the controller? should there always be power available to outdoor unit? a simple explanation of how the power is set up to bring condensing unit on and off would be really helpful please guys.
Regards
Matt

nike123
13-06-2009, 11:42 AM
If pushing contactor in doesn't run compressor, than you probably have power supply problem from main control board. It should always be voltage present on contactors power supply contacts.

Andy AC
13-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Whats, the sort of unit is it? If its a beer master, it will have separate supplies to the indoor and outdoor unit. Also will have no control wiring - works on pump down, liquid solenoid valve on indoor unit, when solenoid valve is shut outdoor unit runs until lp switch stops compressor.
Sounds like you have no power to the condenser, possibly tripped mcb/rcd. If it has there is usually an expensive reason.

Andy

matthewthirlwel
13-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Thankyou
love this Site! i think control board needs changing then right?

matthewthirlwel
13-06-2009, 12:27 PM
That sounds right as after a few minutes I can hear a soleniod energising on indoor unit. and your right about RCD this is in a building in soho London and unit on roof with loads of other a/c equipment and not easy to find breaker board.
Lot more wiser now thankyou