PDA

View Full Version : system compatibility

mjpaolo
11-06-2009, 04:29 AM
Is R134A compatible with these equipments? Why and Why not? Any advice for retrofitting?
1. reciprocating compressor
2. DX evaporator
3. Water cooled condenser (with cooling tower)
4. Thermostatic Expansion Valve

powell
11-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Is R134A compatible with these equipments? Why and Why not? Any advice for retrofitting?
1. reciprocating compressor
2. DX evaporator
3. Water cooled condenser (with cooling tower)
4. Thermostatic Expansion Valve

We're going to need more information. To start with, a compressor model number would help.

mjpaolo
13-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm sorry I don't know the compressor model. The engineers in charge of operating the ac system don't have the data anymore because it was lost already long time ago. This is just I know about the compressor. Reciprocating, 12 cyl, 4 unloaders, 125hp Motor, 1775 rpm, 220v, 312 MRA, 1973 LRA .

The Viking
13-06-2009, 12:23 PM
The short answer is yes.

But...
Assuming that what you really want to know is if you can replace the refrigerant the system was designed for the answer will be NO.

Someone with experience of these tasks needs to evaluate the system.

Depending on what refrigerant currently in use, the pressures will change, the oil in the compressor will not be compatible, the seals might need replacing and so on.

The TEVs are refrigerant specific and will need replacement as the gas are changed.

mjpaolo
17-06-2009, 04:29 AM
Thanks for the advice!
I have this compressor which is really so old that I don't know its data and specifications.Can anyone give me a link on where to find compressor model no.?