PDA

View Full Version : Changing cycle cycle setpoint

Fixemgood
05-06-2009, 07:29 PM
I am relatively new to the transport refrigeration business.I have a customer who is going to be transporting pharmacuticles.They need the unit to cycle within 1 degree of setpoint.How do I access this on a TK SB111 SmartReefer and a Carrier Phoenix.
I have the manuals but am not sure exactly how to go about it.
Any help would be appreciated.

cebunting
06-06-2009, 03:35 AM
does the customer already have these units? or will they be buying them to suit there needs? i think the newer thermo kings have a modulation valve to lower the capacity closer to setpoint, i assume you are tring to get the unit to stay within a one degree range witch i and not sure how to do if even possible

desA
06-06-2009, 04:03 AM
For the controller (heat-pump) I use in my lab, I set the hysteresis setting to only allow a deviation of x'C downwards, before kicking in. You could do something similar on the cooling cycle controller (opposite response), I'd imagine.

The specifics of your controller are not known to me, but the general principle should apply.

DaButcher
06-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I am relatively new to the transport refrigeration business.I have a customer who is going to be transporting pharmacuticles.They need the unit to cycle within 1 degree of setpoint.How do I access this on a TK SB111 SmartReefer and a Carrier Phoenix.
I have the manuals but am not sure exactly how to go about it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Good luck protecting product within 1 degree using older equipment, don't think it's possible.

Best chance your customer has is to buy the latest greatest from TK or CTC and spec a trailer with extra insulation, such as a trailer designed for hauling ice cream.

Andy Longhurst
06-06-2009, 03:33 PM
on a sb3sr it will normally cycle 2/3 degrees above set point the only way as metioned earlier would be with a much newer unit with modulation but you may not get the temperature scale you require

Fixemgood
08-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the replies,these are existing units two are older SB 111 and the other is a Phoenix Ultra.I am in the process of making further inquiries,as soon as I have something definite I will report back.Please feel free to add any further sugestions

reefer_kevin
16-06-2009, 02:16 AM
are you wanting the units to cycle off within 1 degree of setpoint, or are you trying to get the unit to re-start when it is 1 degree away from setpoint?