PDA

View Full Version : Moving a cold room

Crypton
29-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I am moving a coldroom from one premises to another. I pumped the unit down closed in the suction, cut the pipes. Took down cooler etc....
Question when I put it all back together again do I have to use a reclaim plant to remove the refrigerant from the condensing unit so I can pressure test the system. I obviously dont want to get nitrogen mixing with the refrigerant.

123-steve909
29-05-2009, 05:08 PM
just out of intrest, what is your background in refrigeration?

Crypton
29-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Air Conditioning... Why?

123-steve909
29-05-2009, 07:21 PM
if you have a suction rotolock valve, shut that down and with your receiver rotolock shut, pressure test the pipework, evaporator and your joints. once complete you can vac out then open both rotolocks

if you have only one rotolock on the receiver then your compressor is holding your refrigerant back so i would reclaim it, pressure test, change filter, vac out, leak test and recharge the system

123-steve909
29-05-2009, 07:22 PM
if your an ac engineer do you know anything about multi split systems (see my posted question on air con)

Crypton
02-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the info Steve. I had a look at your Air con question it seems Yuri B has answered it for you.....

wandowski
02-06-2009, 05:30 PM
when i move a unit i recover all refrigerant into new reclaim bottle then once re installed i pressure test whole system so i know there are no leaks at all,then add the refrigerant back after carring out correct procedures,i have found a few times the valves leaking and pushing ofn to mix with the refrgerant,i just dont trust valves that have been in use

Crypton
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
I was thinking that myself but just put the question out there to see what the general practice is. Sometimes valves do leak but if its a case of once in a blue moon you might be more inclined to chance your arm.

icecube51
03-06-2009, 07:11 PM
if the are magnetic valves,they can be hold open whit a static magnet (no electric), so the ofn can pass nicely. and no pressure can make them leak.

Ice