PDA

View Full Version : Stal S56 / S57 compatability

RANGER1
22-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Does anybody have information on S56/S57 Stals .
Would like to swap a S56 with S57 , hopefully with minimum fuss .
Site is remote so hard size up without going there .

The Screwdoctor
26-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Hello Ranger1,

you probably know that the S56 is the older (let's say Mk1) model before the S57 came on the market. The capacity control position system is different but pretty easy to make it fit for the S57. The driveshaft and suction, discharge pipework are pretty much the same. I think the biggest problem is going to be the amount of oil used by the S57 compressor compared to the S56. The S56 has an old type 80 liter per minute oilpump compared to the 120 liter per minute S57 oilpump, and both have different oilpressure regulators. I'll try to find some more info which maybe is usefull for you.

The Screwdoctor

RANGER1
28-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks Screwdoctor anything is a help .
As far as oil pump , i think its had a remote oil pump installed . I should check its capacity .

The Screwdoctor
03-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Ok Ranger1,

I found some drawings and other info about the S54/S56, depends on what version you have over there to be more specific about the capacity control system, there are a few different setups. I think the latest models already have the same kind of oil control system as the S57 models. If I look at bearings, suction and discharge connection, footprint it is the same. If you have a question just ask.

The Screwdoctor