PDA

View Full Version : Husky bottle coolers

dunny123
08-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi i am a manager of a refrigeration company,i have supplied many diffrent brands of bottle coolers to pubs,clubs etc.I am looking into buying husky coolers and would like you thoughts please,have you worked on them,and what are they like?Compressor life etc.
I find there are a lot on the market that are very cheap(crap) basicly,may last a year ir your lucky.But becouse of the cheap price,they do sell.Please let me know your thoughts,thanks.

al
08-05-2009, 11:10 PM
serviced a few of these locally, compressors are chinese(guangzo?), build quality is ok(wear gloves, sharp edges!),not bad for the price!!

al

craigpcg
08-05-2009, 11:26 PM
HMMMM

I used to do sevice calls for husky till they got there own engineers. There OK the compressor are pritty garbage to be honest. Build quality to ok aswell.
To get to the evap is a pain in the a** tho. Each to there own i suppose.

dunny123
09-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks for your coments guys.
Anyone else with experiance with these coolers?
Thanks

taz24
09-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks for your coments guys.
Anyone else with experiance with these coolers?
Thanks

They are about as cheap a build quality as you would expect from somthing that is that mass produced and cheap.
That said they are quite robust and good value.
Like the other posters said the comps are chinese and do not like to run too hot for too long, but for the most part they are ok and I would use them.

taz.

Kp3
09-05-2009, 04:12 PM
i did warrenty work on these last year. yes there cheap but you wont get customer satifaction out of them. if your companies got a good name then dont bother with them. comps are crap, evaps leak still have flux lefted on them from factory, pain in the ass to change them as well. sorry stay well away

Goober
10-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Our company services them on behalf of a hospitality supply co, I've not worked on them myself, but I hear a lot of grumbling from the boys about them, cheap, nasty, chinese, etc etc

fridge 09
02-07-2009, 01:09 AM
hi i have work on a few of these moss common fault condensing motors, new type is 120mm x 120mm x 38mm box fan

Andy W
02-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Fan motors, compressors and gas leaks, cheap nasty rubbish in my opinion, Infrico are no better at twice the price.

KenXL
24-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Hi Dunny123,
Husky UK bottle cooler are made in China indeed. As Al mentioned above, the build quality is ok, but some parts are made in China, such as compressor and controllers. But those for pepsi, they are required to install Danfoss compressors. I think you can also require them to build better compressoe or controllers.

123-steve909
24-08-2009, 08:04 AM
get what you pay for with the husky cabinets, i have seen a few of these with duff compressors

thebigcheese
24-08-2009, 11:10 PM
for the price they are ok and do the job. just beaware that it aint gona last for ever