PDA

View Full Version : floor cooling issue

Lc_shi
29-04-2009, 03:19 AM
Hi sirs

Floor heating is widely applied but I've seen very few cases about floor cooling application. How about your ideas on the floor heating and cooling system? Is it good way to use floor embeded tube as heating and cooling terminal? Welcome your input. Thx!

rgds
LC

michaelm
29-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Cold air will sit at the floor.

nh3wizard
29-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Most of our facility's use glycol heated from the ammonia hot gas, then pumped through plastic piping, the piping is layed in the sub floor below the insulation thus keeping it at a specified temperature. As long as it stays above freezing there should not be any problems with the floor heaving. Hopefully I have made it clear to all. If you need a further explanation maybe I can elaborate a little better.

laf100
29-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I have commissioned a Mitsu "heat pump boiler" system as part of a City Multi VRF installation. The wet side provided under floor heating & cooling to a private residence, the heating side went through a UK winter without major issues, however we are yet to hear if it is quite so effective if we get a decent summer..... I have my reservations!!

:cool:

Brian_UK
29-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Hot air rises, cold air doesn't; how will cool air mix with room air to provide comfort cooling?

Tesla
30-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Hi Lc shi
Good to talk with you again. Three years ago I commissioned a building with an atrium six stories high which used underfloor heating and cooling. we use an air speed sensor near the top and several temp sensors at various levels. For this application the process worked well and is efficient in controling temp in the occupied zone.

Lc_shi
30-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi Tesla
Nice to see you again! Your information is valuable. thx!

LC

nike123
30-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Three years ago I commissioned a building with an atrium six stories high which used underfloor heating and cooling. we use an air speed sensor near the top and several temp sensors at various levels. For this application the process worked well and is efficient in controling temp in the occupied zone.

Could you tell us how looks temperature distribution by height in place cooled with floor cooling and do you have to adjust set point constantly to avoid moisture condensation at floor.
Does house need to be heavily insulated so that temperature difference between indoor air and floor is low.

milkybar33
27-05-2009, 04:08 PM
under floor cooling does not really work, condensation from over cooling is a major fault, because of this the temp difference between the floor and the room abient is at best 10degC.
with reference to air movement, any surface which is warmer than the ambeint temperature will create a natural up draught, for example a person.
in the early 90s a company was marketing a ventilation system that used very low velocity air that was distributed at low level, this worked in a similar priciple, but large air volumes were required.

Peter_1
27-05-2009, 07:27 PM
under floor cooling does not really work, condensation from over cooling is a major fault,....
Not if you control via a dewpoint measurement