PDA

View Full Version : What don't we know or understand! Be Honest!

jdunc2301
23-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Heya everyone...

I was sitting here wondering what we all don't fully understand or can't grasp within our work or struggle with from time to time. I don't mean the customers moaning and parts dissapearing, work related stuff!

Mine is pipe sizes............for the life of me i struggle, I will sit there and think **** me what size is that!!!
Then i pop out my little DIY pipe size chart/cable tie contraption and away i go!

Really makes me doubt how much i know :D

nike123
23-04-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't understand why is so many peoples who takes things for granted without questioning them.
Is that because religions upbringing in childhood which teach that we should take things for granted.

Check my signature.

Latte
24-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Heya everyone...

I was sitting here wondering what we all don't fully understand :D

Women :D enough said

Jadeair
24-04-2009, 11:25 AM
When we go shopping, which I love :off topic:, why does it take so long to pick the right toilet paper?

Who cares if it's on special lets just get out of the shop...

bernard
25-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Heya everyone...

I was sitting here wondering what we all don't fully understand or can't grasp within our work or struggle with from time to time. I don't mean the customers moaning and parts dissapearing, work related stuff!

Mine is pipe sizes............for the life of me i struggle, I will sit there and think **** me what size is that!!!
Then i pop out my little DIY pipe size chart/cable tie contraption and away i go!

Really makes me doubt how much i know :D

I understand where your coming from,I seem to have the ability to remeber uselsess facts.For example 746 watts to 1 hp.I also find there is alot of engineers out there who can quote all sort of facts and figures but struggling to actually fix a fridge.

Just continue with your Diy kit and carry lots of manuals,as long as you can fix the problem then why worry.

Cheers Bernie

coolhibby1875
25-04-2009, 10:14 PM
i dont understand why in this day in age with technology and stuff we have to use those silly little danbuss hand sets to programme akc114b controllers maybe 1 day i will get 1 right

Andy
25-04-2009, 10:26 PM
i dont understand why in this day in age with technology and stuff we have to use those silly little danbuss hand sets to programme akc114b controllers maybe 1 day i will get 1 right

Hello coolhibby:)

you could set the address :)bit switches and use it on a network where provided it has the same software version you could dump the settings into it from either a service laptop or central PC.

Kind Regards Andy D

dougheret0
26-04-2009, 05:46 PM
There is nothing wrong with using a handbook to look up sizing and pressure loss data, whether for air ducts or fluid piping. However, it is always a good idea to know the basis of the handbook data. For example, pipe pressure loss is a function of several variables, including the internal diameter, pipe equivalent length, fluid density, fluid velocity, and Reynold's number. The defining formula is either the Darcy-Weisbach equation or the Hazen-Williams equation. These cannot be turned around and solved directly for diamter, hence the need for handbook tables. However, just reviewing these equations, as found in the ASHRAE Handbook - Fundamentals, yields an understanding of what relationships affect pipe characteristics.

An article in the upcoming May issue of the ASHRAE journal gives details on how duct diamter and pressure loss are calculated.

The more you know, the better tech you'll be.

Silhouette
26-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi Coolhibby,
I have a crib sheet for the AKC114b if it's Tesco you're working on!
PM me if you'de like a copy.

coolhibby1875
27-04-2009, 11:28 PM
hi silhouette i mentioned this to my supervisor and he was like oh yeah i have 1 and gave it to me thanks all the same