PDA

View Full Version : Dorin K40CC

xexito
17-04-2009, 12:17 AM
I have a problem with a compressor Dorin K40CC that is the following one: He works very well but after the defrosting it enters in vacuum (-10psi) and delay more or less fifteen minutes to normalize… why? ;)

nike123
17-04-2009, 01:27 AM
What makes you think that problem is in the compressor?

chemi-cool
17-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Of course Nike, the compressor pulls the vacuum!!;)

xexito, check your controlls.

xexito
18-04-2009, 03:03 AM
I have a problem with a compressor Dorin K40CC that is the following one: He works very well but after the defrosting it enters in vacuum (-10psi) and delay more or less fifteen minutes to normalize… why? ;)

The problem is realy the compressor, because this same compressor was exchanged for a new and the problem no longer exists ...

nike123
18-04-2009, 07:25 AM
The problem is realy the compressor, because this same compressor was exchanged for a new and the problem no longer exists ...

Very strange and impossible to believe for me without further clarifications.
If compressor pulls vacuum that indicate that compressor doing his task (pumping) and that somewhere before pressure measuring point (where vacuum is observed), is some obstruction to refrigerant flow, or there is not enough heat at evaporator.
So question is: exactly where in circuit did you measured vacuum?
Next question would be: did You changed refrigerant with new fresh one, when you changed compressor, or did you recovered old refrigerant using new filter-dryer (as should be the trade practice) in line at suction of recovery gear, or you simply pumped system refrigerant in to receiver?
During compressor replacement, did you changed existing filter dryer in system with new one, as should be trade practice?
Or, could you describe exactly, step by step, everything you done during change of compressor?

GHAZ
18-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Totally agree with nike123 if the compressor is pulliing a vaccum then its pumping and pulling fine and the fault is some where else in the system.

Grizzly
19-04-2009, 07:16 PM
xexito.
Hi I must admit your question is strange, because a Dorrin Compressor designated CC is for Air-conditioning applications?
Yet you mention a issue after defrost?
So is the equipment correctly sized for the application?

If it is then my instinct tells me that several things could of occurred prior to the exchange.
Did the thermostat or any solenoid valves just happen to get changed at the same time?
I would be looking for why the refrigerant supply to the evap and therefore controlling Suction pressure.
Was being restricted for this 15 Min's period?
I suspect an electrical control issue
or a faulty defrost termination stat.
Good luck and please let us know more!
Grizzly

nike123
19-04-2009, 09:21 PM
xexito.
Hi I must admit your question is strange, because a Dorrin Compressor designated CC is for Air-conditioning applications?

CC mean that it has more powerful engine but compressor is same. Therefore, depending on condensation temperature and refrigerant it could work in range -40°C<Te<10°C while C is Te -5°C max.

Peter_1
20-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Had exactly the same problem Nike and even more then once and the problem was indeed related to the compressor.
There was so much moisture in the system that the mesh filter inside the service valve (Dorin has the same mesh filter as a DWM/Copeland) completely clogged with ice mixed with oil. The compressor then pulls vacuum a vacuum in its sump but on the service valve, you measure a high evaporating pressure.

nike123
21-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Had exactly the same problem Nike and even more then once and the problem was indeed related to the compressor.
There was so much moisture in the system that the mesh filter inside the service valve (Dorin has the same mesh filter as a DWM/Copeland) completely clogged with ice mixed with oil. The compressor then pulls vacuum a vacuum in its sump but on the service valve, you measure a high evaporating pressure.

So, change of compressor would not solve the problem. New compressor comes with same mesh filter and if refrigerant and filter dryer is not changed, same problem will be occurring again.
Therefore, that is not compressor problem.:D