PDA

View Full Version : Help.....

bluephoenix
09-04-2009, 04:34 AM
Hello Forum,

I am in need of some assistance...

Here are my issues:

My unit which i just got a 2000 thermo king SB III SR+

Has had some issues in its first few runs.

First the Alt when out and has been replaced

Second it keeps shuting down and throws a code 63 (has accured 3 times since alt replace, on one occasion the code 63 was accompanied with code 84) only once has it restarted on its own with code 63.

third and MOST important my driver indicator light DOES not show me that there is any sign of trouble it stays pretty green! even when the unit shuts down and has allowed the temp to climb 60 degrees above set point! NOT GOOD, it is very hard to track if the engine is running or throwing codes as you are flying down a highway at 70 mph.

Here is a little unit background that may help you help me. the unit was a repo! so did the previous owner do something to the settings to not allow the driver indicator (mounted on side of trailer, so you can see it in the mirror) to show actual status of unit?

Please help any info you can share would be greatly appreciated, manuals, guarded mode, etc

Thank you
Joel
:rolleyes:

DTKServices
09-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Code 84 is a null restart code, and simply means, that the load temp was satisfied, but the unit needed to restart to satisfy a non load related parameter like batt voltage or engine temp.. Not a big deal unless combined with other codes, happens all the time or happens consistently in certain conditions..

63 is shut down reason unknown. Typically this can be a fuel related issue. I'd look at the fuel inlet screen at the lift pump (The fuel line coming from the fuel tank going into the transfer pump.) if it is plugged up then you also need to drain the fuel tank of sediments, or it will just plug itself back up and changing the fuel filter(s) would also be a good Idea.. This issue is usually accompanied with a code 44 but not always. It depends on conditions and software set up.

The other main reasons for a 63 is electronics/electrical component failure.. You'll need a good tech to help you isolate this problem.. But as a preventive measure you could go through and clean grounds, and inspect the isolation terminal (If equipt.) This is usually located to the lower left of the battery. You can follow the 2 wire from the battery to two sets of terminals connected by a coiled fusible link.. Check for looseness and clean if necessary. (Disconnect your ground first)

Your drivers light could have been wired to just stay green, or the light it self has failed, or it is not receiving the correct inputs from the controller. If you have another to plug in it will help you to determine if your sidelight assembly has fail or not. as far as the wiring goes unless your familiar with the system then I'd suggest you take it to someone who knows the system.

abbsnowman
09-04-2009, 06:02 AM
mark@futureclimates.ca will get you what you need.

bluephoenix
12-04-2009, 02:21 AM
thank you both for the replies and info. will get back to you and let ya know what i find using your suggestions..

thank you again!

Joel

abbsnowman
14-04-2009, 05:00 AM
Does your reefer love you again?

Braddock
27-04-2009, 06:24 AM
My favorite code 63! I would check the injection pump for air first. Inspect the fuel shutoff solenoid (Does it make a loud click before it starts?) Is the Desuch plug for it full of oil?
Is the micro plugs loose on back of the micro?

utc/tk foreman
06-05-2009, 03:07 AM
as far as the status light goes, you most likely have a broken wire, because for the green light to turn on it requires one powered wire, for the yellow to go on, it needs the same wire powered for the green light, plus a second power. Forgive me, I don't have a print available for wiring numbers, but I have had that same problem before.