PDA

View Full Version : Samsung temperature changes

chucklevision
28-03-2009, 07:35 AM
I have an American style Samsung fridge freezer which is about 5 years old. While still working the temperaure is varying according to a thermometer I have bought, although external display is not notifying change. I get the impression it is defrosting frequently??

nike123
28-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Some controllers have function to not display actual temperature during defrost but I am not sure that that is the case with your FF.

chucklevision
28-03-2009, 10:08 AM
what I should have added is that the temperature went up to 10 degrees C in fridge which is not healthy, so may be a sensor problem?? It rights itself if I restart.

amitsaxena
30-03-2009, 05:39 AM
Dear Check for the sensor, which is connected to diplay PCB, as its not working and thats why your ref is most of the time off hence showing 10°C. Which is not possible with a healthy ref.

thanks
amit

chucklevision
30-03-2009, 05:58 AM
Dear Check for the sensor, which is connected to diplay PCB, as its not working and thats why your ref is most of the time off hence showing 10°C. Which is not possible with a healthy ref.

thanks
amit
thanks Amit. I am not an engineer but sensors have been changed once so will recall engineer as problem persists with temperature fluctuating.

R600A
06-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Hi

Hold the 2 top buttons in together ( one on either side of the display panel ) for approx 10 seconds,It will start to flash then go blank but leave a dash or 2 on the display..which one are left on the display ?

Bryan

chucklevision
09-04-2009, 07:14 AM
on holding buttons in everthing lights up then the whole dipslay goes blank.

It seems to be an intermittent fault where for some of the day all is well then the temperature goes up. Condensation then appears in fridge. If I restart it rectifies problem before it goes wrong again!