PDA

View Full Version : elm-sat gas control?

CONROD
23-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi all. Working on an Elm universal case controller, 2 pipe cool gas defrost system. My question is - Gas defrost detect parameter ( 0 -30 degreesC), is this a differential above evap temp or the actual suction pipe temp at which the defrost is detected? (cases to pack/defrost are not networked, hence suction inititiation is requried).:rolleyes:

fowlie
23-03-2009, 08:52 PM
it takes the actual suction probe temp

bitswitch
07-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi, I used to work for Elm in the good old days. The defrost detect parameter, is the current suction temperature above the current air-off temp. I hope this helps you.

Bitswitch

chillyhamster
08-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Bitswitch get real !!!! the setting is the temprature the suction probe increases to, to switch the case controller into defrost mode when the pack initiates a stub defrost (normally a 2 pipe hot gas system, not cool / sat gas)

Silhouette
09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
It is the actual suction temperature.
Set it to 15 Degrees C and it will start the defrost cycle when the suction temperature hits 15 degrees C!
What type is the controller? ie EEC,EEV,YAD. I have the info for most ELM controllers.

Sorry!!
Just read the date of the original post!!!!!

Blueboy
15-10-2010, 06:16 AM
It's been a while and I think all of the above are more or less right. You set the defrost detect temp for the temp you wish the system to go on to defrost so lets say 12-15 you set the defrost system in Remote you actually don't need to set the number of defrosts or the time but I always do. When the header station controller or time clock puts that stub on to defrost and the suction gets to the set point the solenoid valves switch over usually bypassing the EPRV and defrost begins. It lasts until max defrost time or term temp is reached. Then it reverts back to cooling no matter what the pack is doing- Of course cooling won't start again until the Sat gas is reversed back

Blueboy
15-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Sorry!!
Just read the date of the original post!!!!!

oops me too lol - too early in the AM