PDA

View Full Version : Tiscali due to collapse ?

Brian_UK
09-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Don't know if anyone in the UK is using Tiscali but there are bad reports in the financial press today about their possible collapse in the near future.

If you are with them it might be prudent to start looking around for a replacement ISP.

slingblade
10-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Not my problem, sorry mate. I use sky ( the only one with no fair useage policy ).
my download is unlimited (and i download a lot ) and takes pi55 out of bt ect.
try switching, do a kellkoo search and switch the best for you.
cheers
sling.

Brian_UK
10-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm already on Sky Sling, it's the others.

I see today that their shares have been suspended.

Grizzly
10-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up Brian.
I was with Pipex something like 7 yrs.
Then they got took over by Tiscali.
So I left them about 2 months ago.
Guess what it looks like they are still taking my money!
Despite my protestations.
Grizzly

Plank!
10-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Blew tiscali out years ago, since then I've tried BT - poor service, took them three months to fix my line when a storm tore it down. For several weeks they tried to convince me that the line tested ok, must be my PC, even tho i could see the cable swinging from the pole.
Been with sky for a few years now, somedays i D/L 40GB or more, never had any complaints ;)

NoNickName
11-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Yes, Tiscali is going balls up. Unable to make price in the stock exchange and soon will file for protection.

Brian_UK
11-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Unfortunately a lot of the UK backbone stuff goes through Tiscali; so I'm told.

Plank!
11-03-2009, 08:24 PM
A lot of business' use tiscali, knock on effect if its switched off could be nasty.

beagle
11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Someone will come in and buy them out for a quid or something ridiculous like that, I doubt their service will suddenly disappear, probably see them join the Virgin media family or something. The only problem I can forsee is that with Tiscali being a cable company if by some chance all their services do disappear it'll leave those of us with ****ty BT lines in the lurch. Cable is the only option for a lot of people that live out in the sticks.