PDA

View Full Version : Mistral MSS15

spimps
12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
A customer has transported a used split system heat pump ac unit from Oz to the UK and wants me to fit it.
No problem but on the outdoor unit there are the normal terminals for the 5 core interconnecting cables but also there are two cables still connected marked R1 & R2 and am not sure what they do, can't see a diagram on the outdoor unit only on the indoor which doesn't mention them.
Can't find a diagram online.
Anyone come across these ?

Brian_UK
12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Using the amazing power of Google, the first hit gave me the Operating Instructions for your unit.

You may download the file from here...

http://www.clipsal.com.au/trade/__data/page/81/W670.pdf

Sadly, I don't know whether it will help you or not. The R terminals have a plug on them - great eh?

spimps
12-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks,I should have mentioned I'd got that,it does show the two connectors but no info on their function.

nike123
12-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Since this is old R22 unit I suppose that they are for outdoor unit temperature sensor (defrost) connection with indoor unit. Usually they are delivered wit cable which have connector on one side (indoor) but they are not polarized and could be connected with simple wire terminal.

paul_h
12-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Yes, most likely its a thermister in the outdoor that is connected to the indoor PCB.

spimps
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Thks for that.
Cheers