PDA

View Full Version : who is the best who the worst

oilytool
09-02-2009, 07:00 PM
who is the best supermarket to work for asda siansburys tesco morrissions etc etc

who the best fridge company to work for and who is the worst .

Brian_UK
09-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Be very careful how you answer this one people.

We do not want to see any defamatory remarks, keep it light hearted or the thread will get pulled. :)

Plank!
09-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Simple answer they are all as bad as each other :rolleyes:

Plank!
09-02-2009, 07:31 PM
But none as bad as this spelling :confused:

siansburys morrissions

taz24
09-02-2009, 10:03 PM
who is the best supermarket to work for asda siansburys tesco morrissions etc etc

who the best fridge company to work for and who is the worst .

I notice your first post was one that asks who are the best companies to work for.

Are you looking for a job in supermarkets?

You will find that only Asda have a permenant contract with a company, which is City FM.

Most of the other big suppermarkets use companies on a 2, 3, 4 maybe a even a 5 year contract.

There are lots of Big fridge companies or Facility Management companies that do supper market work.

Let us know what you think and perhaps we will comment but we can't give you a list of the best because they are all different but the same in their own ways.

Cheers taz.

chillled
09-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Space aren't good to work for. i know i did, never again.

NIKK38
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=chillled;135035]Space aren't good to work for. i know i did, never again.[/QU

bernard
10-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi

No company is perfect but I do think Space is the best company out there at the moment.If you work hard for them then the rewards are there.The biggest problem in a supermarkets is a poor engineer.Leave them on call for one weekend then they create so many problems.They are master of the quick fix leading to long term problems.

Energy saving has been the worst thing that ever happened to supermarkets,at one time any outside company carry out work required a refrigeration engineer onsite. At least we could see what was going on,now energy teams just roam around the country leaving increased call outs behind them. I had a 2 hour responce last night to find a company onsite changing a pack controller.A couple of weeks before they were fittting a invertor causing a refrigeration leak on the hp lp comp lines.

Being a good engineer is no longer enough,we cue to sign in,we have to get a permit to go to the toilet,we fill in there paper work ,our paper work the facilties paper work.Everyone is pulling in the wrong direction the sooner someone realises this and comes up with a system that suits all the better.

Regards Bernard

bernard
10-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I would also say M&S RDM system is the best followed by Tesco who have eventually got there after there attempt with the dreaded SBT system,Sommerfield is terrible and Sainsbury has just started with the Argus system which is not good so far but I,m sure it will get better.

Regards Bernard

Mark
11-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Be very careful how you answer this one people.

We do not want to see any defamatory remarks, keep it light hearted or the thread will get pulled. :)

I am sure this will not happen Brian;)

Mozambezi
13-02-2009, 05:26 PM
I worked alongside with Space Refrigeration. We had best refrigeration engineers in South West.
I would dream to work in this company...

Also seen other... WR :) ... or City ...
no comments.

jjthefridgey
13-02-2009, 08:44 PM
I would also say M&S RDM system is the best followed by Tesco who have eventually got there after there attempt with the dreaded SBT system,Sommerfield is terrible and Sainsbury has just started with the Argus system which is not good so far but I,m sure it will get better.

Regards Bernard

Hi,

Havn't worked in somerfield, so can't comment, agree with all above, sainsbury's system, worst than old atas system at teso, please say it'll get better soon.

j.j.:rolleyes:

Spencer.Guy
13-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi,

Havn't worked in somerfield, so can't comment, agree with all above, sainsbury's system, worst than old atas system at teso, please say it'll get better soon.

j.j.:rolleyes:

If your employer had bothered to brief you, you'd have been told that AtAs is only a short term solution.

bernard
13-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi

A short term solution is no excuse for a poor system,its like first impression,if they got it right on day one then people would respect them,instead there just wasting our time and phone bills,understanding there contractors needs would in turn enable the contractors to do the job right first time therfore giving the customer the best service possible.

regards Bernard

coolhibby1875
13-02-2009, 11:46 PM
i agree with bernard the atas is rubbish a tottal waste of time but it is only short term rummur has it they are putting verisae in the stores

chillled
15-02-2009, 11:01 PM
In the 8 years I have worked for Space, I have seen many engineers come and go, and some come back again.

The majority that leave and say that Space were the worst company they have ever worked for are usually the engineers the company are happy to lose.

That's just my observation.

I have worked elsewhere and find Space no worse than the others. Work is what you make it.....
I take your point, but things differ from area to area, some people were promised the world to get them on board then when they joined things weren't how they were promised, plus having a monthly auction for you wages wasn't for me either. but thats just me.

Silhouette
16-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Asda have the most consistency with control systems followed by M&S, then Morrisons and Tesco. Sainsbury's were probably the most consistent of them all until recently and are now the worst! As for contractors, I have worked for extended periods with Wathes, NRC and now Space and to be honest there is not a lot of difference between them all, it depends on area, management team and your local engineers. Any one of these factors can throw you a wobbly and usually at some point do! I enjoy my job most of the time, it is usually in the middle of the busy period when everything starts to get you down that you start having doubts!

Big Poppa Chill
17-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I was in Aldi the other day (times are hard!!) and i just wondered who looks after the Aldi Contracts???

Chunk
17-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I love the atas system,i also love supper markets and especially supper markets that dont work after being energy efficientized.........lalala i love these purple pills:confused:

The best companies have all gone and it will never be the same ever again.sniff.

Keef_Controls
19-02-2009, 03:03 PM
I love the atas system,i also love supper markets and especially supper markets that dont work after being energy efficientized.........lalala i love these purple pills:confused:

The best companies have all gone and it will never be the same ever again.sniff.

did they even work before ? :cool:

bernard
19-02-2009, 04:55 PM

So So true sniff sniff

Fatboy Taz
21-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Bring back REA Bott I say, got my first house on the back of this company, paid cash for it.

coolhibby1875
21-02-2009, 09:50 AM
no dont bring them back,i have spent the last 3 weeks getting my head around 1 of there packs its a 18 year old booster pack,you have 2 d6 copeland compressors dischargin into the suction of 2 copeland discuss compressors then these inturn are liquid cooled by 2 injectors strait of the liquid lines,all this with hot gas defrosts and all of this controlled by an altec controller which went out with the dinosaurs.I am now at my wits end with this plant and cant help thinking why why why

Chunk
21-02-2009, 11:00 AM
did they even work before ? :cool:

Haha no they didnt but can i still blame it on you please?:)

Tommy A
05-03-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't know what the argus system is like but it's hard to believe that they could be better off with the Verisae system. Tesco still seem to be having big problems with it.

Tommy

jjthefridge
09-03-2009, 08:31 PM
i agree with bernard the atas is rubbish a tottal waste of time but it is only short term rummur has it they are putting verisae in the stores

Hi guys,

Just had 2 weeks off came back used atas in sainbury's, its getting better(slowly) well better than it was, hopefully things can only get better.

j.j.:D

NoNickName
10-03-2009, 09:37 AM
One of you mentioned City FM in Asda. Can anyone point me to their website... I'm only having radio stations returned from search engines.

Chunk
10-03-2009, 01:53 PM
One of you mentioned City FM in Asda. Can anyone point me to their website... I'm only having radio stations returned from search engines.

http://www.city-holdings.co.uk/:D

Tommy A
10-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi guys,

Just had 2 weeks off came back used atas in sainbury's, its getting better(slowly) well better than it was, hopefully things can only get better.

j.j.:D

Whats been the problem with the system at sainsburys? Is the system down a lot or is it just a pain?

Tommy

Magoo
24-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Excuse me if I am stepping outside the norm, but this is an international forum. Who would give a horses about friggen supermarkets in England if you lived Alaska. I live on the pimple of the ars of the world in the South Pacific, and have never heard of any of them.
magoo

Goober
24-03-2009, 02:53 AM
Ha Ha, I have worked in both hemispheres, did my apprenteship in Ireland, worked for Cross Refrigeration, by far the best in Ireland, even though I'm a bit biased and nostalgic. We did a lot of work for what was Quinnsworth, now Tesco. Then we had no paper trail to speak of. It was all comprehensive maintenance, so we never signed in, never had to get orders etc etc etc. Those were the days.

Now I work in NZ, I worked for McAlpines, Climatech, Kooline blah blah. I know now the boys at Macs are tortured with the paperwork required to first of all step on to site, then all the numerous copies of reports and order numbers and specific coloured sheets that are required to go with each invoice. Then all these invoices go off to somewhere like Tasmania to be processed and get lost, mislaid and generally ignored till the poor fridge Co finds itself owed millions and then has to beg to get paid.

Now I work for a small, small co. Probably the smallest I've worked for, No politics, no excessive health and safety, no bull!!!

Rise up! Brothers! Rise up! Against all the PC, burecratic rubbish we have to put up with!!!!:rolleyes:

Magoo
20-04-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi Goober,
welcome to NZ, where we just generally get on with the job at hand and move to to next one. Quite simple really as you have noticed.