PDA

View Full Version : vaccum cooling

GHAZ
03-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Hello guys i saw something which was new to me and ive been in the game for about 15 years and thought it was very interesting. its a big industrial plant which packs vegetables and these vegetables go inside a chamber and the vacc pumps boil the mositure of and make them dry and cool in a very short time,and then the fridge comps start up and cool the vapour and dry the air so the mositure doesnt get back to the vacc pumps ,because they cost more then 20k pounds and you have a air compressor opening and closing the valves for vacc lines . are there alot of these systems about or is there an alternative and hoe effective is it

chillerman2006
03-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Similar setup is used for freeze dried products such as coffee

Tesla
04-02-2009, 06:10 AM
I worked on one and they are very rare. But as far as food preservation goes I think they are the best for drying food quickly to reduce the amont of cellular rupture and slow down osmosis (transfer of fluids between cells. Check out vapor pressure defficite ( hope I spelt that right )

Kh1971
04-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi All,

We are working on new project in our food factory here in Saudi - Riyadh and I am in need to have any information. please help
khalid.alhasan@gmail.com

Regards

luisarce
24-03-2009, 06:32 PM
In Argentina vaccum cooling is used for post harvest of green vegetables with leaves bigs as lettuce, we had good experience in this equipments. With a lost of water of 2 or 3% and a refrigeration equipment of 20/30Hp we are cooling 4 pallets cith boxes of lettuce
Also we had experiences in al post havest process for vegetales and fruits
Luisarceweb page www(dot)arceyasociados(dot)com(dot)ar

Reeferman27
19-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Good day one and all.
I work on a few vac coolers. They are used to rapidly cool veg with high water content (lettuce, celery etc) from field ambiant to fridge temp. Most of the supermarkets DEMMAND that all produce is at +5C within 2 hours of picking.