PDA

View Full Version : looking for a job abroad

Niall.199
30-01-2009, 09:17 PM
hey all im currently working as a installiation and service engineer in ireland i have been in the trade for 11 years unfortunaetly work has got very quiet in ireland forcing myself and my girl to look else were for work she runs the office for the company i work for.Has anybody any suggestions of were would be the best place to go even abroad as long as the money is good hope you can help

hillbillywillie
31-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Niall,
There's work in Oklahoma. There's ashortage of refrigeration /AC guys.
Pay is good relative to cost of living.
Summers get really hot so plenty of overtime.
Land is relatively cheap too.

There are some things not so good-like my present job-5 days sick pay a year, one weeks holiday a year, two weeks after two years and three weeks after 7 years!
health care's expensive.

But there's plusses and minuses everywhere I suppose.

Hopper118
04-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Polar Bear Air Conditioning
Company Phone: 949-2526, 949-5665Try these in Grand Caymen, my mate has started his own gig out there and used to work for these. vacancy may be still available. Loads of accom for rent,loads of banks on the island so maybe work for your lass too. got to be worth a phone call.

solventlight
07-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Have you any places in mind or do you just plan on winging it?

I've heard their's alot of work going in Western Australia if you're willing to make the move

coolhibby1875
14-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Bermuda is good for working

supermarketguy
14-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi all,

There are a couple of jobs in the Middle east(Afghanistan) and a job for a mech/elec supervisor in Lagos Nigeria.

Now Before Mark or Webram Hit the Delete Button For advertising on the forum, these are jobs i have received tonight via e-mail.

So if anybody wants to know were to look them PM me

Supermarketguy.

Abby Normal
16-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Polar Bear Air Conditioning
Company Phone: 949-2526, 949-5665Try these in Grand Caymen, my mate has started his own gig out there and used to work for these. vacancy may be still available. Loads of accom for rent,loads of banks on the island so maybe work for your lass too. got to be worth a phone call.It is a small world, I saw your mate in a new uniform, thought his old employer was going through a name change at first until he told me he was on his own

I had been noticing his truck around for a while before hand as well

mepatwork dot com has a lot of listings for this side of the atlantic, last time i looked, nothing for here

Recession "soon come" in a big way is my fear

richardb14
19-02-2009, 10:03 PM
theres always work over here in Scotland mate

Niall.199
28-02-2009, 11:45 PM
cheers lads thanks for the info we just got a big job refitting a supermarket should be a few months work in it things should start to pick up again in the summer.thanks again