PDA

View Full Version : Carlyle O6D Compressors

Deborah
15-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I am hoping someone out there has had something similiar to this happen - if not - I am going to be bald in a week!!! One of our accounts has 3 Bryant Split Systems - all condensing units are 576HEX240000AA with Carlyle 06D Compressors - we have had 5 compressors fail all within a 6 weeks period. All first stage failures were due to oil loss and 2nd stage were locked up. Has anybody out there ever seen anything like this??

US Iceman
16-12-2008, 01:21 AM
All first stage failures were due to oil loss and 2nd stage were locked up.

What do you mean by first stage and second stage?

If compressors are failing that fast and you are on split system piping, my first impression is; there is a problem with oil return to the compressors due to incorrect piping installation.

But that is just a guess based on not very much information...

Grizzly
16-12-2008, 03:44 AM
Welcome Deborah.
I agree with Iceman.
It sounds as if you have suffered from
a major disruption to your normal refrigerant flow?
Or oil return to Compressors?
At this stage it is pure guess work as to what you have got, because as Ice says.
We have no info about your system and may I suggest you get whoever you use as refrigeration Engineers in to look at it.
Grizzly

absrbrtek
20-12-2008, 05:12 AM
Sounds like piping to me also.

cre8waves
20-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Also I would think I would add a oil pressure switch after the piping is looked at .

Noori
20-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Dera Deborah.
Please write more information about your systems specially the compressors pipe connection.

malik55
22-12-2008, 06:47 PM
It must be an oil problem, as respected members mentioned, Please do not simply replace a compressor, it needs to observe the system after a replacement starup, Also provide O.P Safety switch, 06 D normaly not comes with an oil pressure switch , but you can install it.

moideen
22-12-2008, 07:15 PM
I am hoping someone out there has had something similiar to this happen - if not - I am going to be bald in a week!!! One of our accounts has 3 Bryant Split Systems - all condensing units are 576HEX240000AA with Carlyle 06D Compressors - we have had 5 compressors fail all within a 6 weeks period. All first stage failures were due to oil loss and 2nd stage were locked up. Has anybody out there ever seen anything like this??

hi deborah,want more details.i think ur all compressors are severely flooded.flooding is the main enemy of the compressors.

moideen

US Iceman
22-12-2008, 07:15 PM
I would be interested in hearing more about this issue of changing 5 compressors in six weeks. I have a hard time believing the manufacturer sent 5 bad compressors to the job.:rolleyes:

moideen
22-12-2008, 07:27 PM

I would be interested in hearing more about this issue of changing 5 compressors in six weeks. I have a hard time believing the manufacturer sent 5 bad compressors to the job.:rolleyes:

Hi iceman, carrier chiller 30gn failed in U.A.E. market due to the continuous fail of compressors. Actually these compressors are failed by flooding the improper operation of the flotronic control system. in these case I believe 5 compressors are failed by flooding.

Regards
moideen

US Iceman
22-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi moideen,

You could very well be correct.

I mentioned the oil return issue since the original poster said these units were Bryant Split Systems.

Any time I hear "split system" and "repeat compressor failure" in the same sentence my first impression is poor piping practices/installation contributing to lack of proper oil return.

No matter what the cause... after the second compressor failed, someone should have been very anxious to find the problem. Repeated compressor changes in a short time frame would have been an indication of a serious issue.