PDA

View Full Version : intercooler with coil

luissandoval
01-12-2008, 10:04 PM
HI everybody:

I need to size the pipe of the Intercooler ( i attach draw) i can't size the pipe of ''liquid in to subcooling coil'' and ''liquid inlet from hpr'' somebody can help me.

Thanks

Luis Sandoval.

US Iceman
01-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi Luis,

The vessel manufacturer will normally provide a pipe size for their standard vessels. I guess I am wondering why you would want to size this pipe.

If the pipe size is too big the subcooling coil may be smaller also.

dglaab
05-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Luis:

Try going to evapco.com, click on product info, then asme pressure vessels, open the mvi intercooler page and print it. There is a a lot of sizing and tonnage data in their charts. Their engineers have done the work already so why beat your head against a wall redesigning a wheel. As a bonus you might find purchasing one premade is cost effective

Dan

Gossioii1
17-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Good post! I plan to move into this stuff after I’m done with school, as most of it is time consuming. It’s a great post to reference back to. My blog needs more time to gain in popularity anyway.

gwapa
28-04-2009, 03:14 AM
luissandoval

Q=U * A*Delta T log

Q= m*cp (Ti-To)= ammonia flow in pipe * Cp* Subcooling range

U= Look in Ashrae "Fundamental" for ammonia bubble tipe heat transfer and find this Number according your conditions

Delta T log= Mean T log Difference

Now you can figure A =area
As you know the pipe diameter, now you will be able to find the pipe lenght
Remenber the pipe should be bend so you need two or more tubes installed in paralle
Hope this can help