PDA

View Full Version : Recovery tank

dddon
29-11-2008, 10:12 PM
hey guys! been a few months since last i surfed this site! I reinsulated and re-sided my daughters family home this summer ... latest addition of hers is 2 year old "Angel" .. an now we have a week old great grandaughter too! been quite a year!!
I have a Thermo-flo recovery unit but no tank, and am planning to convert a 30 lb propane tank to do the task .. i would remove the valve and put a tee on the tank so that a modified valve that has a copper line added, would reach the bottom of the tank through the tee, and a second valve would access the top of the tank ... the thermo-flo can recirculate the refrigerant to cool it so it requires a two valve tank ... any constructive thoughts wiil be gratefully accepted!! dddon ...in coool minne-soda, usa ....

nike123
29-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Check maximum pressures for that tank and install some safety relief valve if you dont have one, or else, you will end up with bomb.

Brian_UK
29-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Why not get a proper refrigerant cylinder with the two valves and dip tube already fitted?

steve_k
30-11-2008, 11:15 PM
I have a quick question on this, I have just got a new recovery cylinder, on the top there is what i presumed was a pressure relief valve, but it has an electrical connection on the top of it, is this a pressure relief valve with a built in sensor? can somebody shed some light?
Steve

slingblade
01-12-2008, 12:31 AM
I have a quick question on this, I have just got a new recovery cylinder, on the top there is what i presumed was a pressure relief valve, but it has an electrical connection on the top of it, is this a pressure relief valve with a built in sensor? can somebody shed some light?
Steve

Level switch, links to rec. mac. and stops when bottle is 80% full. connection is specific to manufacturer i would think,and not compatible with any kind of rec. mc.

dddon
01-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the comments!! I got a recovery tank today, and am sure that it is much better than a propane tank modified !! i grew up in an era of NO money, an built or coverted whatever i could find to do the job .. most of you would hardly believe the various projects that I worked on. If i could type faster than a word every few minutes :), i would make a journal of my experiences ... thanks again!! dddon