PDA

View Full Version : Reefer containers

bargosabcn
17-11-2008, 12:43 PM
It is not easy to find good tecnical information on reefer containers (40'' HC). I had a couple of questions maybe somebody could help me with :
1. Ventilation : Is the fresh air going DIRECTLY inside the container or is it going into the evaporator before entering the container ?
2. What is the internal circulation CBM/h of a reefer container ?
3. If the return air is above due point and saturated, do the cold unit of the container has the capacity to cool down this air (we are talking of a 15º diference between return air and set point)
4.When you load a container unit, do you have to leave chimneys or do you have to avoid them

Thanks

reefermechanic
18-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Hi Bargosabcn,

Maybe you right about it is not easy to find good tecnical information on reefer containers (40'' HC).Maybe you know reefer containers are very spacial units.Our company is authorized servise of all companies (Daikin,Carrier,Thermoking and Mitsubishi) in Turkey.Also i have got all information about them.

I will try help you now.

1. Ventilation : Is the fresh air going DIRECTLY inside the container or is it going into the evaporator before entering the container ?

Yes.Fresh air is going into the container after evaporator coil.First its passing on evaporator coil.

2. What is the internal circulation CBM/h of a reefer container ?

CBM/h is not correct

CMH Cubic Meter Hour. How much cubic meter fresh air will go to the container inside within one hour?

For example:

Banan,green cmh / 25 * set temp 14.4 ºC (58 F)

3. If the return air is above due point and saturated, do the cold unit of the container has the capacity to cool down this air (we are talking of a 15º diference between return air and set point)

Sorry...I didn't undertand what you mean?Because i neever seen like that 15º difference beetween return and set point.Thats contunisly??I think ambiant temparatue must be very high then set point.

4.When you load a container unit, do you have to leave chimneys or do you have to avoid them

Sorry...I didn't undertand what you mean too??

I was hope help you:))

Best regards.

Reefer mechanic.

reefermechanic
18-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi Again,

If you want check those links....

http://www.thermoking.com/tk/index.asp

http://www.thermoking.com/products/afamguide/afam_guidelines.pdf

AIDANMC2006
07-12-2008, 11:43 PM
What causes alarm 203 on a sl400e with SR2 controller ?

clivemtk
08-12-2008, 08:00 PM
try return air sensor check

bargosabcn
16-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Thank you very much for the info.
I was speaking about Sea Containers.
1. Do you mean that the fresh air is being PRECOOLED before entering in the container or the air is ENTERING at external AMBIENT Temperature in the container ?
2.The question was how many times is the air recirculated in 1 hour in the container
3. You are right, we are loading at 32ºC and the set point is 10ºC.
4. We are using 100x120 palets therefore you have various ways to load the container , or on one side all the palets in the same way on each side (you do not leave chimneys), or you alternate the palets, and then you have chimneys in the middle
5. Anybody knows about the difference (ventilation,...gaz) between reefer hatch and container ?