PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Inverter error code F3

Gibbering Fool
16-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Hi, i've been having problems with my Daikin inverter also. Its been shutting down randomly and I have to switch it off at the power board to get it back on again. Also, its not cooling the room very well at all, though it seems to work a bit better at night.

Anyway, I found the error code on my remote. It was F3 - Outdoor abnormal discharge temperature. Can anyone tell me what's involved with this and how to fix it?

multisync
16-11-2008, 08:50 AM
F3 usually means loss of refrigerant-this also ties in with the lack of cooling.

get an engineer out to fix and recharge

Multisync
london

Gibbering Fool
16-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the advice.

paul_h
16-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I agree with multisync, normally means a refrigerant leak. Get the installers back to repair under warranty if it's under 5y/o, you knew who the installers were, and you have receipt.

solarflareltd
17-11-2008, 02:49 PM
one other thing to check is see if a "KRP" relay has been fitted to any of the indoor units and if its connected to any remote start/stop, fire panel or status monitor. reason being that for some reason the unit can be remotely shutdown and the f3 code appears but this only effect the indoor unit that the krp is connected to. strange but seen it happen twice now.

best of luck.

frank
17-11-2008, 08:14 PM
one other thing to check is see if a "KRP" relay has been fitted to any of the indoor units and if its connected to any remote start/stop, fire panel or status monitor. reason being that for some reason the unit can be remotely shutdown and the f3 code appears but this only effect the indoor unit that the krp is connected to. strange but seen it happen twice now.

New one on me!

That's like saying - sometimes when I switch the unit off it faults to F3.

Remote stop/start does not, in my opinion, cause fault codes.

The KRP is not a 'Relay' by the way - it is an 'add on pcb adaptor' capable of various functions, remote stop/start being one.

brunstar
23-11-2008, 08:24 PM
it will not be the krp board at all if one fitted, you are looking at short of gas or over charged or nitrogen or blocked condenser coil..