PDA

View Full Version : Transfering

mr_mitchell8
07-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Hi I work in a refrigeration plant. At my workplace there are three engine rooms. Two of which are connected. I was wondering how they connect these two engine rooms together and isolate them so there is no liquid migration from one to the other. I have been slowly trying to figure it out but for some reason the only person that knows about it will not tell anybody due to job security. I have figured out that there is one line going from ER 1 LP reciever to ER 2 LP reciever. But is there another line that goes from ER 2 to ER 1. Can you reverse the suction flow? Any information you could give me would help. One engine room is a dual stage and the other is single. Thank-You.

nh3wizard
07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi I work in a refrigeration plant. At my workplace there are three engine rooms. Two of which are connected. I was wondering how they connect these two engine rooms together and isolate them so there is no liquid migration from one to the other. I have been slowly trying to figure it out but for some reason the only person that knows about it will not tell anybody due to job security. I have figured out that there is one line going from ER 1 LP receiver to ER 2 LP receiver. But is there another line that goes from ER 2 to ER 1. Can you reverse the suction flow? Any information you could give me would help. One engine room is a dual stage and the other is single. Thank-You.

There is no quick answer to your question, you wouldn't have a layout of sorts to share so everyone can see what you are referring to?

You will just need to take the time to trace the lines from each ER, this is the only real way to know your plant.

It might not be job security but maybe he doesn't know himself!!!

US Iceman
07-11-2008, 03:35 PM
What you want to do may be simple or it may be extremely complex. I just finished working on where they had 4 separate engine rooms and we are in the process of combining them into one larger system to reduce energy use and increase redundancy.

And, you are correct. You have to be especially careful with refrigerant flows to ensure they do not do anything unexpected.

If the intercooler pressure from the two-stage system is about the same as the suction pressure on the other system it will be somewhat easier.