PDA

View Full Version : Ventilation certification

multisync
04-11-2008, 02:42 PM
We have just installed a small vam250 in an office suite. the architect is asking for

Certificate for the ventilation, include the product codes and standards

Boss said " Yep no problem"

Has anyone got the faintest idea on what we can send them to get us out of this?

Multisync
London

Brian_UK
04-11-2008, 07:47 PM
What was the purpose of fitting the VAM unit?

If it was for the provision of a minimum fresh air requirement then provide proof that the correct airflow rate is being supplied. Include something like BSRIA Codes as a standard or Public Health Codes.

vijay_study
06-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi,

ASHRAE Standard 62.1 - 2007 Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air quality can also be useful if system has being designed accordingly.

It specifies minimum fresh air requirement based on usage of the premises.

Thanks

yinmorrison
07-11-2008, 07:20 PM
You will need to provide them with a Certificate to say that the system is balanced properly to the design that it was installed to,ie the fresh air requirements based on occupancy.This consists of a log of the grille sizes with design velocityies relating to the airflow expected at each and whether they are at 100% or other reading,basically to demonstrate that it has been balanced.He may also be looking at providing the info to someone who calculates the efficiency of the Building if it is new in order to provide a B.E.C. ( Building Energy Certificate ) This is a Legal requirement now. If as I suspect the system has not been balanced then I will leave it to your imagination as to how you resolve that!

kevinxt
10-11-2008, 01:33 PM
If its from an Architect I think you need a Certificate for Part L Compliance to be issued to the Local Building Control Department. E Mail me if you need more information

Mod's note: Kevin's personal e mail address was edited out to prevent the spread of spam. Please contact him through the PM facility.

multisync
12-11-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't know how to PM so to those who offered asistance yes please ;-)

Multisync
London

Brian_UK
12-11-2008, 07:01 PM
To send a PM...

Click on the members name, left button, if they PM enabled then you will see an option to send them a PM. :)