PDA

View Full Version : Work in Dubai

GCSOFAGH
26-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi,

I'm thinking of relocating with my family to Dubai - anyone out there aware of how easy/difficult it is to do this from the UK? I've go 10 plus years experience as a refrigeration engineer with carrier/termo king/other units. Also, anyone know of any employers over there?

Toosh
26-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi,

I'm thinking of relocating with my family to Dubai - anyone out there aware of how easy/difficult it is to do this from the UK? I've go 10 plus years experience as a refrigeration engineer with carrier/termo king/other units. Also, anyone know of any employers over there?

Hi,CGS Ive said this before, all main multinationals have offices there, They also have schools in Asian countries where they train locals and when they finish the course they hire them in mid east.

Regards Norm

GCSOFAGH
26-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi,CGS Ive said this before, all main multinationals have offices there, They also have schools in Asian countries where they train locals and when they finish the course they hire them in mid east.

Regards Norm

Thanks - so I'm guessing this means that there's not a big demand for European Engineers/Managers?? I'm also guessing that workers from India would be cheaper for the multinationals than Europeans

Toosh
26-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks - so I'm guessing this means that there's not a big demand for European Engineers/Managers?? I'm also guessing that workers from India would be cheaper for the multinationals than Europeans

Hi I worked for years in the mid east about 20 years ago they were the good times, anyway why don`t you take a trip to Dubai and suss things out nothing ventured nothing gained

Norm

GCSOFAGH
27-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks - we're heading over early next year so will check it out then