PDA

View Full Version : How to control ***** charging amount

jyunp
23-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I just installed a new compressor, I want to find out how do I control the amount of ***** being charged into the system. In my case, no matter how much I charge, the high end pressure never exceeds 150PSI, and low end pressure is always at around 50PSI. Am I doing something wrong or should I charge more ***** instead? Thanks.

nike123
23-10-2008, 06:05 PM
I just installed a new compressor, I want to find out how do I control the amount of ***** being charged into the system. In my case, no matter how much I charge, the high end pressure never exceeds 150PSI, and low end pressure is always at around 50PSI. Am I doing something wrong or should I charge more ***** instead? Thanks.

First educate yourself on charging techniques, then charge!
Else, you may end up with installing yet another compressor.
Do you know anything about superheat and subcooling?
Try to search this site for that two subjects and add to that two one more, "jim wheeler"!

expat
23-10-2008, 06:42 PM
If you are dealing with a system that has a reservoir after the condenser, as it sounds like you are, then you should look at the volume of the bottle and aim for about 3/4 fill. Bearing in mind of coarse that while 1kg of water occupies 1000cm3, refrigerants don't weigh the same for the same volume. Their specific gravities' may differ slightly but on the whole this shouldn't matter to you as they are often denser than water therefore heavier by volume.

Problem is, if you put too much refrigerant in the system the reservoir may not be able to contain it all if you want to pump down to work on the system.

Now to basics:
What's the refrigerant?
What's the expansion device?
What's the application?
etc...,