PDA

View Full Version : Noisey screw compressor on Hitatch samurai chiller

mr slim
22-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi there just wondered if anyone can help.We have 3 Hitatchi samurai chillers on site.One of the chillers which have been running for appprox 8 months now have been snagged for been too noisey!
On futher investigation it was deffinatelly running louder than the other 2.
All have have one fridge ciruit.I checked the condenser fans 4 of the 6 were running and in the correct direction.The mountings on the screw compressor seemed fine and had the rubber pads in place, there was some vibration on the suction pipe.
The noise seems to be coming from the compressor compartment though.I dont think theres liquid coming back as i was getting between 6-7k superheat.
Any ideas guys?

Andy
22-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi there just wondered if anyone can help.We have 3 Hitatchi samurai chillers on site.One of the chillers which have been running for appprox 8 months now have been snagged for been too noisey!
On futher investigation it was deffinatelly running louder than the other 2.
All have have one fridge ciruit.I checked the condenser fans 4 of the 6 were running and in the correct direction.The mountings on the screw compressor seemed fine and had the rubber pads in place, there was some vibration on the suction pipe.
The noise seems to be coming from the compressor compartment though.I dont think theres liquid coming back as i was getting between 6-7k superheat.
Any ideas guys?

Hi Mr Slim,
could be just running unloaded or simply the bolts are loose around it.

Kind Regards Andy